The Coast of North West England
Merseyside, Lancashire, Cumbria
Discover the coast of North West England on holiday or on your doorstep
Hand Picked & Reviewed
Pitches for tents and tourers to family friendly chalets and lodges by the sea. Family friendly with all amenities on site leaving you free to explore the coast by day. With 3 sites on this stretch of coast - Lakeland in Cumbria, Cala Gran on the Lancashire coast and by Marton Mere nature reserve.
100's of wonderful properties on the British Coast including High Bridge Haven in Cumbria, a cedar lodge overlooking the Duddon Estuary with one bed, garden, stunning views, wood burning stove and hot tub. Perfect for coastal and lake district adventurers.
North West Coast News
- NW Marine Plans: Annual Monitoring Survey 19th October 2020Closes 15th December 2020 The Marine Management Organisation (MMO) is asking stakeholders in the north west of England to take part in the annual monitoring survey to gather baseline information on the draft North West Marine Plan. This is the first time the MMO has run the survey in the north west and they willRead […]
- WAMM outputs – Coastal Data Explorer, Policy & Legislation StoryMap and Workshop Presentations 19th October 2020The Wholescape Approach to Marine Management ‘WAMM’ project, which supports a more collaborative approach between Coastal and CaBA partnerships to build knowledge and expertise to enhance delivery for the coastal and estuarine environment nationwide, is nearing its conclusion and a range of useful outputs are now available (see link below). Coastal Data Explorer: The CoastalRead […]
- Solway Firth Coastal Conversations Online 15th October 2020The Solway Coast AONB and the Solway Firth Partnership are presenting a series of webinars that focus on cross boarder topics such as salt, military history and farm steads. The first talk of the series, ‘Salt on the Solway’, focuses on the Solway’s salt making heritage. The speakers, Andrew Fielding and John Pickin, will summarise our current understandingRead […]
- Consultation: Marine Strategy Part Two: Monitoring Programmes 13th October 2020Closes 23:45, 17th November 2020 Defra, the Northern Ireland Executive, the Scottish Government and the Welsh Government are seeking views on the updated marine monitoring programmes for the state of the UK’s seas. The proposed monitoring programmes will be used to gather evidence on the status of different parts of the UK marine environment toRead […]
- Consultation – Whelk Management Measures 2020 – extension 13th October 2020Closes 1st November 2020 The Welsh Government is consulting on proposals to introduce: an authorisation scheme for licenced and registered UK vessels fishing for whelks (Buccinum undatum) with pots in the Welsh zone an annual limit on the total amount of whelk that can be taken from the Welsh zone a flexible monthly landing capRead […]