The Coast of North West England
Merseyside, Lancashire, Cumbria
Discover the coast of North West England on holiday or on your doorstep
Hand Picked & Reviewed
Pitches for tents and tourers to family friendly chalets and lodges by the sea. Family friendly with all amenities on site leaving you free to explore the coast by day. With 3 sites on this stretch of coast - Lakeland in Cumbria, Cala Gran on the Lancashire coast and by Marton Mere nature reserve.
100's of wonderful properties on the British Coast including High Bridge Haven in Cumbria, a cedar lodge overlooking the Duddon Estuary with one bed, garden, stunning views, wood burning stove and hot tub. Perfect for coastal and lake district adventurers.
North West Coast News
- Best Practice on Reducing the Amount of Fishing Gear Littering the NE Atlantic 14th July 2020OSPAR has published a scoping study on best practices for the design and recycling of fishing gear as a means to reduce quantities of fishing gear found as marine litter in the North East Atlantic. Both unintentional and intentional loss of fishing gear at sea result in marine litter and negative environmental impacts. The studyRead […]
- Fishing Industry Safety Group Launches Safety Campaign – #HOMEANDDRY 14th July 2020As part of Commercial fishing and Maritime Safety Week 2020 The Fishing Industry Safety Group has launched a commercial fishing safety campaign – Home and Dry (#HOMEANDDRY). The campaign includes a new website bringing together information on: ILO 188 (Work in Fishing Convention) – which applies to all fishermen working on fishing vessels of any size, withRead […]
- Publication of the Consultation Summary for the Draft NE, NW, SE and SW Marine Plans 14th July 2020The Marine Management Organisation (MMO) has published the ‘Draft North East, North West, South East and South West Marine Plans: Consultation Summary 2020’ . The summary outlines the key findings from the recent consultation on the inshore and offshore marine plans for the 4 remaining marine plan areas. Once the plans are finalised in lightRead […]
- Marine Area Statement for Wales 7th July 2020Natural Resources Wales have published 7 Area Statements, including one for the Welsh marine waters out to 12 nautical miles. These Statements have been developed with local partners to help to deliver sustainable management of natural resources at a place-based level and the Welsh Goverment’s Natural Resources Policy priorities of: Delivering nature-based solutions Increasing renewableRead […]
- Welsh National Marine Plan Implementation Guidance Published 7th July 2020The Welsh Government has published Implementation Guidance to accompany the Welsh National Marine Plan. The guidance provides more detail on policies within the plan, specific guidance on each plan policy and information on consenting requirements, governance, other legislation and definitions of terms used within the plan. The Implementation Guidance must be considered by any PublicRead […]