The Coast of North West England
Merseyside, Lancashire, Cumbria
Discover the coast of North West England on holiday or on your doorstep
Hand Picked & Reviewed
Pitches for tents and tourers to family friendly chalets and lodges by the sea. Family friendly with all amenities on site leaving you free to explore the coast by day. With 3 sites on this stretch of coast - Lakeland in Cumbria, Cala Gran on the Lancashire coast and by Marton Mere nature reserve.
100's of wonderful properties on the British Coast including High Bridge Haven in Cumbria, a cedar lodge overlooking the Duddon Estuary with one bed, garden, stunning views, wood burning stove and hot tub. Perfect for coastal and lake district adventurers.
North West Coast News
- The Irish Sea in the 2020s – Survey 23rd June 2020Closing date 31st August The Irish Sea Maritime Forum, supported by the University of Liverpool, is conducting an Irish-sea wide survey to look to the future and the changing context of the Irish Sea in the 2020s. The aim is to develop a comprehensive picture of the future for the Irish Sea and itsRead […]
- Benyon Review Into Highly Protected Marine Areas: final report published 8th June 2020On World Ocean Day 2019, the then Defra Secretary of State, Rt Hon Michael Gove MP, launched an independent review on Highly Protected Marine Areas (HPMAs) in the waters for which the Secretary of State has responsibility: the English inshore and offshore and Northern Ireland offshore zones. The review was led by former Environment andRead […]
- Update – Virtual Day at the Beach – poems available on YouTube 1st May 2020In an update to the news story below the collaborative poems created by everyone taking part over the 2 days of the event are now available to view/listen to here Celebrate May Day and the Bank Holiday weekend by joining the National Oceanography Centre’s WireWall team on 1st and 2nd of May for a virtualRead […]
- Consultation on Freeports 21st April 2020Closes 13 July 2020 The UK Government is consulting on plans to create up to 10 freeports in locations across the UK. The Government has the following objectives for UK freeports: establish freeports as national hubs for global trade and investment across the UK promote regeneration and job creation create hotbeds for innovation A UKRead […]
- The Association of Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authorities Update for the Inshore Fishing Community 27th March 2020The Association of Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authorities (AIFCA) has produced an update for fishing communities dealing with Covid-19 and its impact on fishing communities and businesses as well as the work of the IFCAs and other regulatory authorities. The Update includes a lot of useful information on support for fishing businesses including links toRead […]