Discover the Coast of England on holiday or on your doorstep
Hand Picked & Reviewed
Coastal Regions of England
Lots of self-catering properties to rent from beach huts and lighthouse stays to charming cottages and houses all with sea views. With prices to suit most budgets and accommodation for any number.
England's Coast News
- Huge swells on NSW Central Coast leave Wamberal homes at risk of collapse due to beach erosion 17th July 2020Several houses on Ocean View Drive now dangerously close to cliff edge as huge waves wash away beaches Beachfront homes along the New South Wales Central Coast have been left dangling over the ocean and in danger of collapse after powerful surf caused massive erosion.A powerful low across Australia’s east coast earlier in the week […]
- A Big Fat Sky – around the east coast of England – photo essay 14th July 2020Photographer Max Miechowski explores the scenes and details of the communities of England’s east coastA Big Fat Sky is a body of work exploring the shifting landscapes and unsung communities of England’s east coast. Through contrasting images of beach scenes, resort details and industrial silhouettes, the work documents the subtle complexities of life at the […]
- Spanish official apologises for spraying beach with bleach 28th April 2020Tractors were sent along beach of Zahara de los Atunes in effort to tackle coronavirusCoronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageAn official in southern Spain has apologised for spraying the local beach with diluted bleach in an attempt to protect residents from Covid-19.The picturesque fishing village of Zahara de los Atunes sent tractors equipped […]
- Seal the deal: amorous mammals forced to contend with cruise ships 7th April 2020Harbour seals struggle to match volume of passing ships when trying to attract a mateCruise ships are drowning out the roars of seals that are important for bagging a mate, researchers have found in the latest study to reveal the consequences of human activity on wildlife.Ships are known to produce low-frequency sounds which can overlap […]
- Country diary: a muddy climb is rewarded with sweeping views 23rd March 2020Borth, Ceredigion: Beneath towering clouds, the patches of open water looked almost black in the afternoon sunThe narrow lane down to the beach was edged with the yellow flowers of celandines, huddled at the base of the hedge. After days of rain, the field drains jetted water from the steep, saturated fields above, giving the […]
- New research shows washing machine filters drastically reduce microfibre pollution 16th July 2020A recent study has revealed that filters fitted inside washing machines can reduce the amount of plastic microfibres released into wastewater by almost 80%.
- Sign our petition to help #StopOceanThreads 3rd July 2020*Did you know that for every load of laundry washed, as many as 700,000 plastic microfibres can flow into our water systems? Across the UK, that means that 9.4 trillion fibres could be released into the environment in one week alone… at least!*
- Top tips for beachgoers: Keeping coastal wildlife safe 3rd July 2020While it’s great that we’re all able to start getting back to some kind of normal it’s important to remember that we share these spots with amazing coastal wildlife.
- Help us #KeepItClean this summer! 1st July 2020We're asking for your help to spread the word and encourage everyone enjoying time outdoors this summer to #KeepItClean and take their litter home. Whether you live by the sea or in the heart of a city, we all have a role to play in reducing the volume of litter polluting the natural world.
- Success for the Fisheries Bill: House of Lords votes in favour of sustainable fisheries 30th June 2020Last week we were thrilled to see success in our advocacy work on the Fisheries Bill. The House of Lords voted for two vital amendments to the Bill which we believe will make tangible and positive change to the future health of our seas and fisheries.