The South West Coast of Scotland
Dumfries & Galloway, Ayrshire, Arran
Discover the coast of South West Scotland on holiday or on your doorstep
Hand Picked & Reviewed
A vital conservation charity protecting Scotland's coast, wilderness, wildlife and countryside for the good of all. Funded largely by donations, membership is very affordable, comes with a raft of benefits and supports their work.
A Haven park with camping & touring pitches, chalets and lodges beside the sea along the Ayrshire coast. Ideal for exploring the coast by day and using the amenities on site in the evening. Family friendly.
From Scottish Natural Heritage
- Autumnwatch comes to Tentsmuir and the Isle of May 19th October 2020Popular BBC series Autumnwatch will broadcast live from Tentsmuir from next week, beaming the wildlife of this special area into homes across the country.
- Lead nature agency celebrates spectacular autumn wildlife 15th October 2020Autumn heralds some spectacular displays of wildlife in Scotland, with thousands of migrating geese arriving, the fierce deer rut, and surging waterfalls. Lead nature agency NatureScot is sharing stunning images for those who can’t travel to witness these wildlife wonders this year.
- Outdoors and nature engagement sustained post-lockdown 14th October 2020An increase in people visiting the outdoors and engaging with nature has continued after lockdown, a new survey shows.
- Butterflies on the increase 9th October 2020Butterfly populations have increased in Scotland, likely as a consequence of warmer summers.
- First of its kind business project invests in nature’s future in Scottish Borders 7th October 2020A project with potential to significantly increase business investment in Scotland’s natural capital as part of our ‘green recovery’ from COVID-19, has launched in the Scottish Borders.