The Coast of South Wales
Discover the coast of South Wales on holiday or on your doorstep
Hand Picked & Reviewed
Family friendly parks by the sea with camping pitches, chalets and lodges with all amenities on site, leaving you free to explore the coast and sandy beaches of South Wales.
A vast portfolio of self-catering cottages including two charming cottages on the south coast of Wales at Nash Point Lighthouse site on The Glamorgan Heritage Coast.
- Enter our new Wildlife from Home competition 20th May 2020Get involved in our new photography and video competition and help us showcase Gwent's #wildlifefromhome
- Protecting and restoring nature is more essential than ever 24th April 2020The Wildlife Trusts face huge challenges during coronavirus.
- Fake News about Nature's Recovery 6th April 2020The Wildlife Trusts are getting a lot of media enquiries wanting evidence of nature returning while everyone has to stay at home during the coronavirus lockdown. While it’s clear that those goats in Llandudno had fun – and some ground-nesting birds will benefit from less disturbance – it’s simply not true that nature is recovering.
- Capture Hill Life Through a Lens 25th February 2020Dig out your camera, walking boots and bobble hat and get involved in Gwent Wildlife Trust’s Hill Life Through a Lens photography competition!
- Gwent Wildlife Trust helps UK tree seed project. 13th December 2019Gwent Wildlife Trust has collected more than 1.3 million tree seeds and protected their future by banking them in the vaults of Kew’s Millennium Seed Bank.
- Find Christmas magic and more at Carew Castle and Oriel y Parc 15th November 2018Whether you're looking for great Christmas gifts or want to visit Santa in his Grotto, two of Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority's top visitor attractions are holding events that can help you get your festive fix.
- Taster day to offer preview of Pathways volunteering project 15th November 2018The Pathways volunteering project, which helps people aged 16 and above to improve their health and wellbeing as they gain new experiences and skills through practical activity outdoors, is holding a taster day to recruit more volunteers in North Pem
- New discoveries to be made at National Park Archaeology Day 18th October 2018The 2018 Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Archaeology Day will reveal fresh findings from some of the area's wellknown historic monuments, as well as information on newly discovered sites.
- Frightening half term and Halloween fun awaits at National Park attractions 16th October 2018The Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority's three visitor attractions will all be hosting Halloweenthemed activities and events this October half term, with ghostly goings on and terrifying treats for the whole family to enjoy.
- Canaston Wood bridleway bridge repaired 1st October 2018A 19th century bridge in Canaston Wood has been given a major overhaul by the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority thanks to funding from Bluestone National Park Resort.
- New research shows washing machine filters drastically reduce microfibre pollution 16th July 2020A recent study has revealed that filters fitted inside washing machines can reduce the amount of plastic microfibres released into wastewater by almost 80%.
- Sign our petition to help #StopOceanThreads 3rd July 2020*Did you know that for every load of laundry washed, as many as 700,000 plastic microfibres can flow into our water systems? Across the UK, that means that 9.4 trillion fibres could be released into the environment in one week alone… at least!*
- Top tips for beachgoers: Keeping coastal wildlife safe 3rd July 2020While it’s great that we’re all able to start getting back to some kind of normal it’s important to remember that we share these spots with amazing coastal wildlife.
- Help us #KeepItClean this summer! 1st July 2020We're asking for your help to spread the word and encourage everyone enjoying time outdoors this summer to #KeepItClean and take their litter home. Whether you live by the sea or in the heart of a city, we all have a role to play in reducing the volume of litter polluting the natural world.
- Success for the Fisheries Bill: House of Lords votes in favour of sustainable fisheries 30th June 2020Last week we were thrilled to see success in our advocacy work on the Fisheries Bill. The House of Lords voted for two vital amendments to the Bill which we believe will make tangible and positive change to the future health of our seas and fisheries.