The Coast of South Wales
Discover the coast of South Wales on holiday or on your doorstep
Hand Picked & Reviewed
Family friendly parks by the sea with camping pitches, chalets and lodges with all amenities on site, leaving you free to explore the coast and sandy beaches of South Wales.
A vast portfolio of self-catering cottages including two charming cottages on the south coast of Wales at Nash Point Lighthouse site on The Glamorgan Heritage Coast.
- Enter our new Wildlife from Home competition 20th May 2020Get involved in our new photography and video competition and help us showcase Gwent's #wildlifefromhome
- Protecting and restoring nature is more essential than ever 24th April 2020The Wildlife Trusts face huge challenges during coronavirus.
- Fake News about Nature's Recovery 6th April 2020The Wildlife Trusts are getting a lot of media enquiries wanting evidence of nature returning while everyone has to stay at home during the coronavirus lockdown. While it’s clear that those goats in Llandudno had fun – and some ground-nesting birds will benefit from less disturbance – it’s simply not true that nature is recovering.
- Capture Hill Life Through a Lens 25th February 2020Dig out your camera, walking boots and bobble hat and get involved in Gwent Wildlife Trust’s Hill Life Through a Lens photography competition!
- Gwent Wildlife Trust helps UK tree seed project. 13th December 2019Gwent Wildlife Trust has collected more than 1.3 million tree seeds and protected their future by banking them in the vaults of Kew’s Millennium Seed Bank.
- Find Christmas magic and more at Carew Castle and Oriel y Parc 15th November 2018Whether you're looking for great Christmas gifts or want to visit Santa in his Grotto, two of Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority's top visitor attractions are holding events that can help you get your festive fix.
- Taster day to offer preview of Pathways volunteering project 15th November 2018The Pathways volunteering project, which helps people aged 16 and above to improve their health and wellbeing as they gain new experiences and skills through practical activity outdoors, is holding a taster day to recruit more volunteers in North Pem
- New discoveries to be made at National Park Archaeology Day 18th October 2018The 2018 Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Archaeology Day will reveal fresh findings from some of the area's wellknown historic monuments, as well as information on newly discovered sites.
- Frightening half term and Halloween fun awaits at National Park attractions 16th October 2018The Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority's three visitor attractions will all be hosting Halloweenthemed activities and events this October half term, with ghostly goings on and terrifying treats for the whole family to enjoy.
- Canaston Wood bridleway bridge repaired 1st October 2018A 19th century bridge in Canaston Wood has been given a major overhaul by the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority thanks to funding from Bluestone National Park Resort.
- Turtle conservation work in the UK Overseas Territories receives welcome boost 22nd June 2020Our work in the UK Overseas Territories (UKOTs) will receive a welcome boost following two significant grants from the UK Government’s Darwin Plus initiative. The two projects will work directly with the Governments of the British Virgin Islands and Montserrat, as well as local partner organisations and communities to support the recovery, monitoring and management […]
- Make your own Plastic Challenge this July 8th June 2020Our annual Plastic Challenge is nearly upon us and is a great way to kick-start or restart a better plastic habit.
- Expert review backs our call for gold-standard protection of UK seas – now it’s time to get on with it! 8th June 2020Last October we asked for your help to ‘Make Highly Protected Marine Areas Happen’ and more than 5,000 of you responded. Today, on World Ocean Day, the Benyon Review into Highly Protected Marine Areas (HPMAs) has been released, recognising the incredible value of HPMAs and recommending to the Government that they should be put in […]
- Saying a huge thank you this #VolunteersWeek 5th June 2020
- Hope for corals in the Turks and Caicos Islands 28th May 2020A bacterial infection that kills coral has been sweeping through the Turks and Caicos Islands (TCI), a UK Overseas Territory, where MCS has been carrying out projects for many years.