The Countryside of Derbyshire
Discover the countryside of Derbyshire on your doorstep or on holiday
Please get in touch to apply
Numerous gorgeous cottages and lodges. Many on the edge of the Peak District National Park, my favourite is set in two acres with a mill stream and waterfalls running through.
- Bearded Vulture: Speculations are over as genetic analysis reveals origin and gender 13th October 2020Tuesday 13th October 2020 'Vigo' comes from the French Alps, and is a female bird that hatched last year in a wild nest.
- Derbyshire Wildlife Trust appeal to re-wild a third of the county as PM commitments fall short. 28th September 2020The Prime Minister committed today to protecting 30 percent of the UK’s land by 2030 to support the recovery of nature.
- Shocking badger trap set metres from our Deep Dale Reserve 24th September 2020Tim Birch live at Deep Dale Nature Reserve on 23rd Sept 2020 where a badger trap has been set just metres from a badger set on our nature reserve. Shocking and upsetting! Let your MPs know this is not acceptable. This persecution of badgers must stop.
- Breeding success for raptors in Peak District uplands 16th September 2020In its 2020 Interim Report, the Peak District Bird of Prey Initiative (BOPI) has announced encouraging breeding successes for several raptor species in the moorland areas of the Peak District, thanks to collaboration between landowners, gamekeepers and raptor workers during COVID-19.
- Temporary closures on Monsal Trail for conservation and essential safety work 9th September 2020The Peak District National Park Authority is asking people to be aware that sections of the Monsal Trail will be closed from Monday September 28, for two weeks, on Monday to Friday only.
- Counting the climate change cost of moorland wildfires 26th August 2020Camp fire caused loss of 50 years’ worth of valuable peat in the Peak District National Park.