Discover the countryside of Nottinghamshire on holiday or on your doorstep
- Lockdown survey results show concerns 23rd October 2020The value of people’s connection with nature as well as fears and aspirations for the environment brought into sharp focus by Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trusts’ Lockdown Survey.
- Wildlife charity highlights shock and disgust at badger cull being extended into Notts ‘by the back door’ 21st October 2020A month on from the announcement that parts of Leicestershire were to be included in the cull for the first time, the Trust has been able to confirm that badgers it has vaccinated are highly likely to be killed.
- Public fears over ‘build, build, build’ policy highlight failings of Government’s proposed planning reforms 15th October 2020Results of new survey highlight people’s concern that roads and housing developments pose a real threat to nature.
- An update on Sherwood Forest Visitor Centre under Covid-19 19th October 2020This half term more facilities are opening at the visitor centre. No booking is required unless attending specialist, bookable events....
- Jo’s Roving Patrol: Bees and Bilberry 27th July 2020My route this week was around Enclosure 1, the cattle enclosure behind The Major Oak. The lovely Longhorns from this...
- Jo’s First Roving Patrol 23rd July 2020On an overcast and slightly muggy day, I, together with my dogs Sophie and Hywel, undertook our first Roving Patrol...
- NEW! “OFF WITH THE BIRDS” – AN ONLINE WILDLIFE TALK 30th June 2020South Notts Local Group`s regular Winter Wildlife Talks programme is on hold, as it does not appear to be viable under a social distancing regime. But we are delighted to invite you to a FREE online trial of a talk, … Continue reading →
- SOUTH NOTTS LOCAL GROUP (NOTTS WILDLIFE TRUST) 28th May 2020AGM 2019/20 run via Survey Monkey between 1st May and 17th May 2020 As the conventional face to face AGM was not practical under current social distancing conditions, the South Notts Local Group opted to experiment running the AGM via … Continue reading →
- Rushcliffe Biodiversity Grants 17th May 2020This is open for bids again this year – first come first served. The grant from Rushcliffe Borough Council is straight forward, as is approval via RNCSIG and designed to provide small funding amounts to practical wildlife & conservation projects … Continue reading →