The Countryside of Suffolk
Discover the countryside of Suffolk on your doorstep or on holiday
Please get in touch to apply
More than 50 countryside properties for a break in nature from studios to luxury country houses and quirky shepherds huts. Includes self catering accommodation in Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty and more...
- Saltmarshes and mudflats – a case for creation 25th June 2020Andrew Excell, South East Suffolk Sites Manager, explains the importance of saltmarsh and mudflat habitats for biodiversity and the environment.
- The plastics problem - how one young volunteer is making a big difference at Trimley Marshes 25th June 2020Our volunteers are amazing - meet Josh who is helping to remove plastic, nurdle by nurdle, from Trimley Marshes.
- Kick-start nature’s recovery and absorb a third of UK emissions 24th June 2020New report from The Wildlife Trusts shows how investing in nature would reap big dividends in tackling climate crisis.
- An update on Sizewell C 23rd June 2020Ben McFarland, Head of Conservation, explains how EDF has submitted its planning documents to the inspectorate and outlines Suffolk Wildlife Trust’s chief areas of concern.
- Week three of 30 Days Wild - camping, coprolites and summer solstice barn owl hunts 23rd June 2020Wild Learning Officer, Lucy, looks back over week three of 30 Days Wild, and shares what our members of staff have been getting up to this week.
- Volunteers wanted to help with slug survey - RHS and Newcastle University 11th February 2020The last major study of slug diversity and activity in gardens was carried out in the 1940s by entomologists Barnes and Weil. Things have changed since then, both in the way we manage our gardens but also in the slugs present in the UK. Many more species of slug are known to be present and established […]
- Plantlife Road Verges Campaign 11th February 2020Kate Petty's blog on the progress of Plantlife's road verges campaign. "2019 was a great year for the Road Verge Campaign. We had a fantastic response to the launch of our new management guidelines and have had positive conversations with many more councils including Hampshire, Surrey and Wrexham to name a few. And we were […]
- Less than half of local sites in positive conservation management 3rd February 2020From CIEEM news: Defra has published the annual report on the proportion of local sites in positive conservation management which show that just 47% reach the criteria. This is a slight decline in proportion from the previous two years.Read more > Tags: News
- England’s environmental bodies set joint vision to tackle climate change 3rd February 2020From CIEEM news: The Chairs of the Environment Agency, Natural England and Forestry Commission have pledged to work together to deliver nature-based solutions to climate change, helping the government meet its ambition to reach net zero by 2050. Read more > Tags: News
- Natural capital tool launched by Defra 3rd February 2020A new online resource has been launched by Defra to help policy makers, businesses, landowners and public sector organisations make better planning decisions in order to protect and to boost natural capital. Read more > Tags: News