North West England Countryside
This is the place to locate countryside walks, parks, nature reserves, beaches etc. in North West England, that are accessible to wheelchair users, mobility scooters, pushchairs and buggies.
- Green courier firm, EcoSpeed, have passed the £100,00 donation mark! 25th June 2020Since their inception in 2011, green courier firm, EcoSpeed, have donated 10% of their profits each month to support peatland restoration projects across Lancashire, Manchester and North Merseyside – and their total donations have now passed £100,000!
- Kick-start nature’s recovery and absorb a third of UK emissions 24th June 2020New report from The Wildlife Trusts shows how investing in nature would reap big dividends in tackling the climate crisis.
- Plea to treat fragile nature reserves with care 23rd June 2020Nature reserves are fragile places. We need people to treat them with care and consideration to protect the wildlife that lives there.
- Benyon Review of Highly Protected Marine Areas published today 8th June 2020We back a new form of protection for the sea and are calling on Government for an ambitious delivery plan for Highly Protected Marine Areas within a year.
- Dare to be wild! New review says get long-lasting feel-good factor from 30 Days Wild 21st May 2020The Wildlife Trusts and University of Derby evaluate the benefits of daily nature contact with 1,000 people over five years.
- Wild parenting during lockdown 14th May 2020AAARRRRGGGHHHH! Sorry. I needed somewhere to let that out.
- Spring 2020 at Cleaver Heath 21st April 2020The latest season's goings on from Cleaver Heath Nature Reserve
- Open letter: Hatch Mere lake - New lease of life for nature in Delamere 20th November 2019Cheshire Wildlife Trust is giving a natural makeover to a key nature reserve in Cheshire in an attempt to get its wildlife back on track.
- Hatch Mere butterfly survey - 2019 28th October 2019This yearly summary report covers the 26 week butterfly monitoring period from April 1st 2019 to September 29th 2019 (as determined by the UK Butterfly Monitoring Scheme managed by Butterfly Conservation).
- Wild and well 10th October 2019Volunteering for The Wildlife Trusts isn’t just great for wildlife, it’s good for you too, as nature and wellbeing manager, Dom Higgins explains.
- Broad-bodied chaser dragonfly breeding at Eycott Hill Nature Reserve 26th June 2020The Broad-bodied chaser dragonfly has been steadily moving north through the country for many years and it is becoming more frequent in the northern half of Cumbria.
- Emergency fund gives boost to the Trust 25th June 2020Cumbria Wildlife Trust is beneficiary of grant to help the charity sector during coronavirus pandemic
- Kick-start nature’s recovery and absorb a third of UK emissions 24th June 2020New report from The Wildlife Trusts shows how investing in nature would reap big dividends in tackling climate crisis
- How can we prevent an insect apocalypse? 17th June 2020Prof Dave Goulson, the leading national expert in bumblebee and pollinator ecology, explains why insects are in decline and suggests how we should tackle this crisis
- Call for a ‘gold standard’ to protect sea off Cumbria 8th June 2020We're backing a new form of protection for the sea and call on Government for ambitious delivery plan for Highly Protected Marine Areas within a year