North West England Countryside
This is the place to locate countryside walks, parks, nature reserves, beaches etc. in North West England, that are accessible to wheelchair users, mobility scooters, pushchairs and buggies.
- Surgery gets a wild makeover from The Wildlife Trust 16th July 2020Quality time outside makes us all feel better and the Lancashire Wildlife Trust's Myplace and School Grounds teams have been working to provide NHS staff and patients with a space to unwind.
- New report calls for ambitious pesticide reduction target 8th July 2020Today The Wildlife Trusts publish a new report, ‘Reversing the decline of insects’, which shows how people, in every part of society, wherever they live, can take action to bring back insects. Everyone, everywhere, is being asked to become an insect champion.
- Green courier firm, EcoSpeed, have passed the £100,000 donation mark! 25th June 2020Since their inception in 2011, green courier firm, EcoSpeed, have donated 10% of their profits each month to support peatland restoration projects across Lancashire, Manchester and North Merseyside – and their total donations have now passed £100,000!
- Kick-start nature’s recovery and absorb a third of UK emissions 24th June 2020New report from The Wildlife Trusts shows how investing in nature would reap big dividends in tackling the climate crisis.
- Plea to treat fragile nature reserves with care 23rd June 2020Nature reserves are fragile places. We need people to treat them with care and consideration to protect the wildlife that lives there.
- Wild parenting during lockdown 14th May 2020AAARRRRGGGHHHH! Sorry. I needed somewhere to let that out.
- Spring 2020 at Cleaver Heath 21st April 2020The latest season's goings on from Cleaver Heath Nature Reserve
- Open letter: Hatch Mere lake - New lease of life for nature in Delamere 20th November 2019Cheshire Wildlife Trust is giving a natural makeover to a key nature reserve in Cheshire in an attempt to get its wildlife back on track.
- Hatch Mere butterfly survey - 2019 28th October 2019This yearly summary report covers the 26 week butterfly monitoring period from April 1st 2019 to September 29th 2019 (as determined by the UK Butterfly Monitoring Scheme managed by Butterfly Conservation).
- Wild and well 10th October 2019Volunteering for The Wildlife Trusts isn’t just great for wildlife, it’s good for you too, as nature and wellbeing manager, Dom Higgins explains.
- New report calls for ambitious pesticide reduction target 8th July 2020Nation of insect champions needed to reverse insect decline
- A rare close-up glimpse of the Foulshaw Moss osprey chicks 8th July 2020Osprey chicks have been tagged with ID rings at Foulshaw Moss Nature Reserve
- Do you want to help bumblebees in Cumbria? 3rd July 2020We're looking for volunteers in the north west of the county to join our team recording bumblebees
- Global outdoor company supports the Trust 30th June 2020Arc'teryx helps restore damaged habitats in Cumbria
- Broad-bodied chaser dragonfly breeding at Eycott Hill Nature Reserve 26th June 2020The Broad-bodied chaser dragonfly has been steadily moving north through the country for many years and it is becoming more frequent in the northern half of Cumbria.