The Countryside of Cheshire
Discover the countryside of Cheshire on your doorstep or on holiday
Please get in touch to apply
- Kick-start nature’s recovery and absorb a third of UK emissions 24th June 2020New report from The Wildlife Trusts shows how investing in nature would reap big dividends in tackling climate crisis
- Explore the gardens of Ashton Grange in support of Cheshire Wildlife Trust 24th June 2020Explore the impressive gardens, woodlands and new wildflower meadow at Ashton Grange, in Ashton Hayes, on Sunday (5th July). The garden is being opened by Kate and Martin Slack for the second year in support of Cheshire Wildlife Trust.
- Benyon review of Highly Protected Marine Areas published today 8th June 2020Cheshire Wildlife Trust back new form of protection for the sea and call on Government for ambitious delivery plan for Highly Protected Marine Areas within a year.
- Statement on significant increase in people gathering shellfish on the Wirral 5th June 2020There has been a significant increase in people gathering shellfish, including cockles, during low tide at Leasowe and Moreton on the Wirral.
- Cheshire Wildlife Trust appeal to people’s love of nature following last weekend’s wildfires, littering and disturbance to wildlife 5th June 2020Thousands of people have enjoyed and sought solace in beautiful countryside and stunning Wildlife Trust nature reserves over the last few weeks. This includes Cheshire Wildlife Trust nature reserves such as Hatchmere and Trentabank which have seen an increase in antisocial behaviour after the lifting of some lockdown rules and the warmer weather.
- CPRE calls for major investment in the region’s rail network 12th June 2020New rail infrastructure should align with our climate change commitments The post CPRE calls for major investment in the region’s rail network appeared first on CPRE Cheshire.
- Star Count shows over 70% of Cheshire participants live in areas with severe light pollution 28th May 2020Light pollution in Cheshire is stopping people from experiencing dark skies The post Star Count shows over 70% of Cheshire participants live in areas with severe light pollution appeared first on CPRE Cheshire.
- What’s the plan? An analysis of local plan coverage across England. 22nd May 2020Local plans are vital to ensure appropriate and proportionate development The post What’s the plan? An analysis of local plan coverage across England. appeared first on CPRE Cheshire.
- Spring 2020 Photography Competition 20th May 2020Enter CPRE Cheshire's spring photo comp: enjoying Cheshire's countryside The post Spring 2020 Photography Competition appeared first on CPRE Cheshire.
- We want to hear your views on aircraft noise 7th May 2020Plans to modernise airspace could lead to noise intrusion in tranquil areas The post We want to hear your views on aircraft noise appeared first on CPRE Cheshire.