The Countryside of Cumbria
Discover the countryside of Cumbria on your doorstep or on holiday
Please get in touch to apply
Get back to nature in any one of more than 50 rural retreats with self catering accommodation to suit any number in the heart of one of England's most stunning and tranquil counties. Cottages, Barns, Apartments, Mansions and more with discounts of up to 20%.
- New report calls for ambitious pesticide reduction target 8th July 2020Nation of insect champions needed to reverse insect decline
- A rare close-up glimpse of the Foulshaw Moss osprey chicks 8th July 2020Osprey chicks have been tagged with ID rings at Foulshaw Moss Nature Reserve
- Do you want to help bumblebees in Cumbria? 3rd July 2020We're looking for volunteers in the north west of the county to join our team recording bumblebees
- Global outdoor company supports the Trust 30th June 2020Arc'teryx helps restore damaged habitats in Cumbria
- Broad-bodied chaser dragonfly breeding at Eycott Hill Nature Reserve 26th June 2020The Broad-bodied chaser dragonfly has been steadily moving north through the country for many years and it is becoming more frequent in the northern half of Cumbria.
- Get outside safely 5th July 2020As government restrictions ease around Covid-19, it can be confusing to know what you can and can’t do outdoors and where you can now go safely.
- Real hedge fund 2nd July 2020The Lake District Foundation has launched its Real Hedge Fund, with the aim of creating or reinstating 2.5 miles (4km) of new hedgerows in the Lake District.
- Lifting spirits with music 29th June 2020Proactive members within a group of heritage attractions are staying in touch with prospective visitors and trying to lift spirits by launching their own CD.
- Woodland insect hotels 26th June 2020Staff at The Wild Boar Inn Grill & Smokehouse at Crook near Windermere have been seeking to entertain guests of a different kind during the coronavirus lockdown period with the introduction of insect ‘hotels’.
- July’s Cumbria in shops from 26 June 16th June 2020Exploring the islands of Derwent Water in the July issue of Cumbria