The Lancashire Countryside
Discover the countryside of Lancashire on holiday or on your doorstep
- A new chapter for the Trust as CEO appointment is announced 28th September 2020The Wildlife Trust for Lancashire, Manchester and North Merseyside is delighted to announce the appointment of Tom Burditt as our new Chief Executive.
- The Wildlife Trusts launch £30 million appeal to kickstart nature’s recovery across 30% of land and sea by 2030 28th September 2020Today The Wildlife Trusts launch 30 by 30, a public appeal to raise £30 million to start putting nature into recovery across at least 30% of land and sea by 2030.
- Where the Wild Things Were 23rd September 2020Do you remember the meadow where you used to watch butterflies dancing from flower to flower? Do you remember getting up early to go into the wood to listen to the birds singing heartily? Do you remember the stream where you watched herons hunt from behind the reeds? Are they still there?
- Fury over cull to wipe out a third of badgers 21st September 2020The Wildlife Trusts are angry that the Government has, again, extended its badger cull in an attempt to eradicate bovine tuberculosis in cattle.
- We need a Wildbelt – to allow nature’s recovery 17th September 2020Reforms in the Government’s White Paper, Planning for the Future will increase the threat to nature in England and do little to create better homes and communities for wildlife and people.