The Lancashire Countryside
Discover the countryside of Lancashire on holiday or on your doorstep
- Golden discovery on Winmarleigh Moss 21st October 2020Golden bog moss has been discovered on Lancashire's Winmarleigh Moss for the first time in 150 years!
- Lunt Meadows nature reserve re-opens after flooding 19th October 2020Lunt Meadows nature reserve has reopened after heavy rainfall caused the River Alt to burst its banks.
- Pioneering Winmarleigh carbon farm is fighting climate change 28th September 2020A boggy, unloved field has been transformed into a ground breaking carbon farm, planting sphagnum mosses to absorb and store carbon from the atmosphere.
- A new chapter for the Trust as CEO appointment is announced 28th September 2020The Wildlife Trust for Lancashire, Manchester and North Merseyside is delighted to announce the appointment of Tom Burditt as our new Chief Executive.
- The Wildlife Trusts launch £30 million appeal to kickstart nature’s recovery across 30% of land and sea by 2030 28th September 2020Today The Wildlife Trusts launch 30 by 30, a public appeal to raise £30 million to start putting nature into recovery across at least 30% of land and sea by 2030.