The Merseyside Countryside
Discover the countryside of Merseyside on holiday or on your doorstep
Please get in touch to apply
- Green courier firm, EcoSpeed, have passed the £100,00 donation mark! 25th June 2020Since their inception in 2011, green courier firm, EcoSpeed, have donated 10% of their profits each month to support peatland restoration projects across Lancashire, Manchester and North Merseyside – and their total donations have now passed £100,000!
- Kick-start nature’s recovery and absorb a third of UK emissions 24th June 2020New report from The Wildlife Trusts shows how investing in nature would reap big dividends in tackling the climate crisis.
- Plea to treat fragile nature reserves with care 23rd June 2020Nature reserves are fragile places. We need people to treat them with care and consideration to protect the wildlife that lives there.
- Benyon Review of Highly Protected Marine Areas published today 8th June 2020We back a new form of protection for the sea and are calling on Government for an ambitious delivery plan for Highly Protected Marine Areas within a year.
- Dare to be wild! New review says get long-lasting feel-good factor from 30 Days Wild 21st May 2020The Wildlife Trusts and University of Derby evaluate the benefits of daily nature contact with 1,000 people over five years.
- New Guidelines for Odonata 1st July 2016North Merseyside Local Wildlife Site selection guidelines outline the rules by which Local Wildlife Sites in North Merseyside are selected. These rules include thresholds, some of which are tailored specifically to a taxonomic group. Species that meet those thresholds are considered local conservation priorities ensuring that we maintain an evidence led approach to delivering local… […]
- Agapanthia villosoviridescens 1st January 2014Following the discovery of the Golden-bloomed Grey Longhorn Beetle Agapanthia villosoviridescens in St Helens, a plan has been produced to provdide guidance for sensitive management of this previously unknown beetle. The life-cycle of this species is particularly sensitive to management techniques. Especially low cutting of it’s host plants during larval development. Records 2013 – 1… […]