The Countryside of Oxfordshire
Discover the countryside of Oxfordshire on holiday or on your doorstep
Please get in touch to apply
Charming cottages, country houses, apartments and more dotted throughout the Oxfordshire countryside. Including stays at a stately home where springwatch was filmed in 2017.
Sites below are not mobile friendly
- CPRE challenges Arc Leaders to open up to the public on development plans for the Oxford-Cambridge Arc 13th July 2020CPRE branches in Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire and Oxfordshire, are challenging Council Leaders, Elected Mayors and Chief Executives from local authorities across the Oxford-Cambridge Arc, to tackle the lack of transparency and public involvement that has characterised the way that a transformative growth strategy for the Arc is taking shape. CPRE, the countryside charity, has […]
- ‘Once in a generation chance to unleash potential of the countryside’ - CPRE launches regeneration manifesto 6th July 2020The government must invest in the ‘countryside next door’ in order to ensure we all have access to quality green space near to where we live as we emerge from the coronavirus pandemic, according to CPRE, the countryside charity. Regenerate our countryside, regenerate ourselves: A manifesto for a resilient countryside after coronavirus urges the government to seize this once […]
- South Oxfordshire Local Plan set to radically alter District: CPRE Oxfordshire will not give up fight for communities and countryside 8th June 2020Countryside campaigners CPRE Oxfordshire have vowed to do all they can to challenge development plans that will see 30,000 houses built in South Oxfordshire. The draft South Oxfordshire Local Plan has been hugely controversial, with Government Minister Robert Jenrick stepping in to force the District Council to press ahead with it. It will now go […]
- South Oxfordshire Local Plan Hearing Sessions 28th May 2020Hearing sessions, which are part of the overall Examination into the Plan will be conducted virtually through online sessions using Microsoft Teams, are due to commence at 10.00am on Tuesday 14th July 2020. The draft plan was rushed through to submission in March 2019, driven by the timetable of Oxfordshire’s Growth Deal. Following the elections in May […]
- Oxford Local Plan 2036 - Inspectors' report published 19th May 2020City aims to adopt Plan on June 8th. Michael Tyce, CPRE Trustee: "The Planning Inspectors may have agreed that the Oxford City Plan followed the Right Process but they were not empowered to determine whether it was Heading in the Right Direction. As each lemming followed its leader off the cliff to certain doom, it […]
- Air pollution in Oxford increased in 2019 7th July 2020Air pollution in Oxford increased in 2019 for the first time in years – probably due to extreme weather. This is the first significant increase in air pollution levels since 2011. It masks a plateauing trend which illustrates that more needs to be done to tackle pollution in the city, including the faster introduction of… […]
- Our July mailing is out now 4th July 2020Our July newsletter has just been emailed to our 1200+ supporters. If you don’t get it you can sign up (at the bottom of this page) to receive it. Click here to download a copy: july newsletter
- Air Quality in Oxfordshire – online meeting July 8, 7.30pm 1st July 2020Air Quality in Oxfordshire – what’s happening and how do we move forward? Meeting: 8 July One positive impact of the lockdown has been the fall in air pollution levels. At the OxfoE online monthly meeting on Wednesday 8 July, (7.30 – 9pm) we will be discussing how we can work to ensure air quality… […]
- OxFoE support for the Black Lives Matter movement 21st June 2020Oxford Friends of the Earth stand in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement. We, like so many people around the world, are outraged and horrified by the killing of George Floyd in the US and all others who have been killed, attacked, or unfairly treated as a result of systemic racism. We are an environmental organisation and social justice… […]
- Our June mailing is out now – Learning from Lockdown, Trees and Transport 7th June 2020You can access our latest news mailing here. If you’ve not received this why not sign up below to get it direct?
- Kick-start nature’s recovery and absorb a third of UK emissions 24th June 2020New report from The Wildlife Trusts shows how investing in nature would reap big dividends in tackling climate crisis.
- Nature’s Arc – new principles to protect and restore nature, and set ambitious environmental standards, must be at the heart of any new housing developments 15th June 2020A group of the UK’s leading nature conservation charities have produced a set of principles called Nature’s Arc for putting nature first if the Government is determined to press ahead with development in the Ox-Cam Growth Arc.
- BBOWT saddened and angered at high levels of anti-social behaviour on nature reserves 4th June 2020A large number of Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire Wildlife Trust’s (BBOWT) nature reserves have been damaged because of anti-social behaviour.
- Dare to be wild! New review says get long-lasting feel-good factor from 30 Days Wild 21st May 2020The Wildlife Trusts and University of Derby evaluate the benefits of daily nature contact with 1,000 people over five years.
- The Wildlife Trusts face huge challenges during coronavirus 24th April 2020The Wildlife Trusts are dealing with unprecedented challenges caused by coronavirus.