The Countryside of Oxfordshire
Discover the countryside of Oxfordshire on holiday or on your doorstep
Please get in touch to apply
Charming cottages, country houses, apartments and more dotted throughout the Oxfordshire countryside. Including stays at a stately home where springwatch was filmed in 2017.
Sites below are not mobile friendly
- Oxford City Council and CPRE Oxfordshire come together to condemn Government’s planning proposals as “anti-democratic” 8th October 2020The Government has drafted a Planning White Paper, known as Planning for the future, that it claims will “radically reform” the planning system to make it “simpler, faster and more predictable”. The Royal Institute of British Architects said the White Paper could create “the next generation of slum housing”, the Town and Country Planning Association […]
- OxCam Arc Economic Prospectus 6th October 2020The Arc Leaders Executive Group’s vision for the Arc - doubling its economy by 2050. The Prospectus is effectively a marketing document to Government to pitch for Comprehensive Spending Review money. Below are some extracts from the Propectus, read the OxCam Arc Economic Prospectus in full here. East west rail: It is essential to deliver […]
- ‘Death of Localism’ Government Reforms would devastate Local Planning System 29th September 2020Countryside campaigners CPRE Oxfordshire have said Government planning reforms would significantly undermine local democracy and put the countryside at risk. ** STOP PRESS ** Our '10-Minute Guide' on how to respond to the Government's Planning for the Future White Paper now available. (SEE FOOT OF PAGE.) The Government’s Planning for the Future White Paper […]
- South Oxfordshire Local Plan - Consultation on Proposed Main Modifications 22nd September 2020Six-week consultation closes 2 November 2020. Following recent examination hearings, the Inspector has asked South Oxfordshire District Council (SODC) to prepare a ‘Schedule of Proposed Main Modifications’ to the plan. The schedule reflects the modifications that are considered necessary by the Inspector to make the plan 'sound' before it can move to the adoption stage. These […]
- Proposed changes to the Planning System will reduce local democracy and put our countryside at risk 21st September 2020Please act now to register your concerns What’s happening? The Government is currently consulting on major changes to the planning system: Changes to the Current Planning System – this paper sets out proposed changes to the way local housing need will be calculated. Consultation runs until 1 October 2020. Planning White Paper – this paper […]
- Oxfordshire County Council Climate Action Framework – available here! 16th October 2020Oxfordshire County Council’s new Climate Action Framework is surprisingly hard to access on their website. So here it is: OCC_Climate_Action_Framework-August2020 We will be reviewing this shortly.
- OxFoE October newsletter out now 3rd October 2020Our October newsletter is full of info about key issues and activities for the month ahead. Get your copy here: Oct. News final
- Oxford FoE September news out now 5th September 2020Our latest newsletter is out – with details on Clean Air Day actions, Tree Week, our response to the City Council Air Quality Plan Sept OxFoE newsletter
- OxFoE August 2020 meeting and newsletter 5th August 2020The OxFoE newsletter is now out – you can access it here: august newsletter full Our August meeting is on Weds 12 August at 7.30pm. Register here to get the online joining link
- The ‘Oxfordshire 2050 Plan’ – our ‘road map’ to a Zero Carbon future? 25th July 2020Work to develop the ‘Oxfordshire 2050 Plan’ – a strategic planning document for the county – is moving forward with the ‘Oxfordshire Open Thought’ (OxOT) consultation. The consultation closes on July 31. Oxford Friends of the Earth (OxFoE) believe that this plan should be the road map for our county to achieve ‘Net Zero Carbon’… […]
- Wild Verges in West Berkshire! 23rd October 2020The Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire Wildlife Trust (BBOWT) is excited to announce a new initiative which will create ribbons of wildflowers along West Berkshire’s roads and roundabouts.
- The Wildlife Trusts launch £30 million appeal to kickstart nature’s recovery across 30% of land and sea by 2030 29th September 2020The Wildlife Trusts launch 30 by 30, a public appeal to raise £30 million to start putting nature into recovery across at least 30% of land and sea by 2030.
- HS2 have taken over Calvert Jubilee 22nd September 2020BBOWT is devastated that High Speed 2 Ltd have now taken legal possession of a large section of our Calvert Jubilee Nature Reserve.
- Government’s planning reforms must address the nature and climate crisis 17th September 2020The Wildlife Trusts call for a new designation – Wildbelt – to allow nature’s recovery.
- Government U-turn on promises to end badger culling 8th September 2020Largest ever cull authorised this autumn, bringing the total shot to 35% of UK’s badger population.