The Countryside of Oxfordshire
Discover the countryside of Oxfordshire on holiday or on your doorstep
Please get in touch to apply
Charming cottages, country houses, apartments and more dotted throughout the Oxfordshire countryside. Including stays at a stately home where springwatch was filmed in 2017.
Sites below are not mobile friendly
- South Oxfordshire Local Plan Hearing Sessions 28th May 2020Hearing sessions, which are part of the overall Examination into the Plan will be conducted virtually through online sessions using Microsoft Teams, are due to commence at 10.00am on Tuesday 14th July 2020. The Secretary of State has appointed Planning Inspector Jonathan Bore MRTPI to conduct an Examination into the soundness and legal compliance of the Plan. […]
- Oxford Local Plan 2036 - Inspectors' report published 19th May 2020City aims to adopt Plan on June 8th. Michael Tyce, CPRE Trustee: "The Planning Inspectors may have agreed that the Oxford City Plan followed the Right Process but they were not empowered to determine whether it was Heading in the Right Direction. As each lemming followed its leader off the cliff to certain doom, it […]
- The Oxford Green Belt – the gap between ambition and reality 5th May 2020CPRE Oxfordshire has sent a letter to Secretary of State, Robert Jenrick MP, raising our concerns about the disconnect between the Government’s stated commitment to protect Green Belts and the reality of what is happening on the ground in Oxfordshire. As the current pandemic has shown, urban dwellers now more than ever need easy access […]
- Didcot Infrastructure Improvements Consultation 1st May 2020Oxfordshire County Council held an online consultation to update local people on the proposed package of infrastructure improvements in Didcot (closed April 30th). CPRE believes the focus on new roads is misguided – the priorities should be reducing the need to travel, followed by public transport & active travel. CPRE South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse […]
- Lockdown Skies: A Once in a Lifetime Opportunity to Study Noise Pollution 30th April 2020An Aviation Noise Attitudes Survey has been launched to find out more about the impact of aircraft noise across the country and how it really affects people on a day to day basis. Earlier this year the Network Aviation Group of CPRE (CPRE NAvG) released a report showing the need for better mapping of aircraft […]
- Learning from Lockdown – how can we build a better future? 26th May 2020Learning from Lockdown – how can we build a better future? On Wednesday May 25th Oxford Friends of the Earth launches our new project to record people’s stories of positive changes that they have made during the ‘lockdown’. The last few weeks have seen massive changes in how we live and work. Alongside the problems… […]
- May Newsletter: Speak up for a clean transport system! – and ‘Lockdown and beyond’ 10th May 2020OxFoE’s May newsletter is available here. You will see that it covers the consultation on the proposed Local Transport Plan for the county. Please help us push for a stronger plan by responding to the consultation. You can find full details on the Transport page.
- Make your voice heard: transport policy consultation ends tomorrow 3rd May 2020Oxfordshire County Council is currently looking for views on their proposed ‘Local Transport and Connectivity Plan’ (LTCP). Transport is the biggest source of carbon emissions in Oxfordshire and the main cause of air pollution. Getting this right is vital for our future. The consultation closes tomorrow night. The main response from Oxford Friends of the… […]
- Our 2020 supporter survey 3rd May 2020Oxford Friends of the Earth has grown considerably over the last year and we now have over 1200 supporters. We’d like to know more about how our supporters would like to work with us. So we are carrying out a short survey. It is online and you can answer it by clicking on this link:… […]
- April action – it’s all in our newsletter 5th April 2020OxFoE’s April newsletter is now out and available here. We are holding our annual meeting on Weds April 8th, on-line using Zoom software – full details are in the newsletter. We will be reviewing what we’ve done this year and looking at what we can best do while we’re in lockdown. There are also online… […]
- Dare to be wild! New review says get long-lasting feel-good factor from 30 Days Wild 21st May 2020The Wildlife Trusts and University of Derby evaluate the benefits of daily nature contact with 1,000 people over five years.
- The Wildlife Trusts face huge challenges during coronavirus 24th April 2020The Wildlife Trusts are dealing with unprecedented challenges caused by coronavirus.
- Adults encouraged to get ‘Wild at Heart’ at College Lake 12th February 2020Adults are being given the chance to get closer to nature at College Lake in Tring.
- BBOWT dismayed at government's HS2 decision 11th February 2020On behalf of all the wildlife that will be destroyed by HS2, we are dismayed that the Prime Minister has decided to give the go ahead to the environmentally disastrous project.
- Thousands ask Prime Minister to stop and re-think HS2 4th February 2020High speed rail plans risk devastating environmental damage