The Countryside of Surrey
Discover the countryside of Surrey on your doorstep or on holiday
Please get in touch to apply
- Surrey Wildlife Trust Rediscovers Great Fox-Spiders 30th October 2020One of UK’s Largest and Most Endangered Spiders Rediscovered After More Than 25 Years
- Crucial moment for the Agriculture Bill threatens the recovery of nature 14th October 2020Last night’s vote on the Agriculture Bill in the House of Commons saw MPs vote against an amendment previously passed in the Lords to #SaveOurStandards, despite a rebellion of 14 Conservative MPs.
- The Wildlife Trusts launch £30 million appeal to kickstart nature’s recovery across 30% of land and sea by 2030 28th September 2020Restoring Surrey’s lost chalk grasslands on the North Downs
- The call of the wild 10th September 2020The call of the wild: New collection of writing spotlights urgent need for wildlife recovery
- Government U-turn on promises to end badger culling 9th September 2020Largest ever cull authorised this autumn – bringing the total shot to 35% of UK’s badger population
- Our visit to Ramster Gardens 15th October 2020Members of the Society enjoyed a beautiful morning at Ramster Gardens on Wednesday 14th October, which started with some welcoming tea and cake. These gardens in Chiddingfold extend over 25 acres of woodland, glades, a lake and a formal “tennis court” Read on! →
- Dunsborough Park Dahlias 29th September 2020Blooming marvellous. Take a look and be dazzled at the dahlias that were on show today at Dunsborough Park. Read on! →
- Discovering some of Surrey’s best Heathland 28th September 2020Here's a few photos of todays walk around Ockham Common and Boldermere, taking in the mausoleum and semaphore tower. Read on! →
- Vann House Garden visit on 9 September 14th September 2020We were very privileged to be the only group visit this year. Mark and Virginia share their experience. Read on! →
- Pirbright woodland walk 11th September 2020Friday produced yet another perfect day for our Walkfest walk in the Pirbright area. Read on! →
- Nature Notes: A favourite venue for wildlife watching 22nd October 2020One of my favourite venues for watching and listening to wildlife is Bushy park with its rich mix of habitats.
- Nature Notes: Signs of Autumn 15th October 2020Autumn arrived right on time with warm sunny days giving way to a cold north easterly wind and later, some torrential rain.
- Nature Notes: What's in a name? 9th October 2020What's in a name?
- Nature Notes: A warm mid-September afternoon by the lake 1st October 2020On a warm mid-September afternoon I'm watching a family of great crested grebes out on the lake.
- Nature Notes: A Kestrel's view 24th September 2020The kestrel is a most skilled hunter.