The Countryside of West Sussex
Discover the countryside of West Sussex on holiday or on your doorstep
- SOS Survey Strategy review 26th May 2020The SOS has been reviewing its Survey Strategy for the period up to the next National Atlas, see here. Following the easing of the Covid-19 lockdown restrictions it seems an appropriate time to publish the updated paper to inform members of the proposed survey programme.
- Heronries and egret colonies: records wanted 21st May 2020Due to the difficult circumstances this year some heronries and egret and cormorant nesting colonies have not been counted as usual for the BTO Heronries Census. If you have nest counts or any information at all relating to nesting colonies of grey herons, little egrets or cormorants, at *any location* in Sussex this year, please […]
- Share and Learn Birdsong via Zoom 21st April 2020Many of us are listening to the birds around us more intently than ever this spring. Some are wondering what bird is making which noise. Others are wondering when they will be able to hear some of their favourite birds again. To help keep us connected during lockdown, SOS member Charlie Peverett is running […]
- Society Reports for 2019 21st April 2020In view of the postponement of the Society’s AGM due to the current restrictions, we are making two reports for 2019 available for view online. At the AGM, the meeting will adopt the Trustees Report and Financial Statement. View Summary of Activities View Trustees Report and Financial Statement
- RSPB Funding Update – April 2020 8th April 2020The RSPB were hoping to share this information at the AGM about how SOS funding is being used. Due to the current situation this will not be possible but you can read the report by clicking here.