The Countryside of West Sussex
Discover the countryside of West Sussex on holiday or on your doorstep
- SOS Fieldworkers Meeting cancelled 17th July 2020Having tried to remain optimistic over the summer, we have reluctantly decided to cancel the SOS Fieldworkers Meeting due to take place on October 3rd. We held back the decision on whether to go ahead in the hope that Covid restrictions would be relaxed sufficiently for indoor gatherings of largish groups of people to be […]
- SOS AGM – Saturday July 18th 11th July 2020A reminder that the SOS is holding its online AGM via Zoom on Saturday 18th July at 2:30 pm (registration opens at 2:20 pm). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to attend. (Please remember that if you have already voted you will not be able to vote on the day).
- BTO Breeding Bird Survey and optional butterfly surveys 9th July 2020Volunteers with Breeding Bird Survey (BBS) squares have the option to survey their squares for butterflies during July and August, as part of the Wider Countryside Butterfly Survey (WCBS) which is a collaboration between the BTO and Butterfly Conservation. Volunteers taking on new squares now can take part in the WCBS and then have the […]
- SOS Fieldworkers Meeting October 3rd 2020 (now cancelled) 12th June 2020SOS Fieldworkers Meeting October 3rd 2020 Several members have enquired whether we are still planning to go ahead with the SOS Fieldworkers Meeting on October 3rd, 2020. As it stands now the answer is yes, we are hoping to be able to go ahead but we will be reviewing the situation in July. Covid […]
- SOS Survey Strategy review 26th May 2020The SOS has been reviewing its Survey Strategy for the period up to the next National Atlas, see here. Following the easing of the Covid-19 lockdown restrictions it seems an appropriate time to publish the updated paper to inform members of the proposed survey programme.