The Countryside of Dorset
Discover the countryside of Dorset on holiday or on your doorstep
- Free Will service returns for Dorset Wildlife Trust members 2nd September 2020This October, Dorset Wildlife Trust is once again offering its free Will writing service to its 25,000 members. The free Will service is for members wishing to make a simple Will or update an existing one. There is absolutely no obligation to leave a gift to Dorset Wildlife Trust for this service, but we would […]
- Black bee re-introduction at the The Kingcombe Centre 13th August 2020Dorset Wildlife Trust is pleased to announce that it has introduced a colony of black bees at The Kingcombe Centre in west Dorset, to help re-establish their numbers regionally and compliment other projects in the South West*.
- Wild Seas Centre opens with new art exhibition 11th August 2020Dorset Wildlife Trust will be re-opening its Fine Foundation Wild Seas Centre in Kimmeridge on Wednesday 12th August and is celebrating with a new art exhibition.
- Chesil little tern colony reaches 50 pairs in 2020 2nd September 2020Paul Buckley, Dorset LNP Board member and Richard Archer RSPB Chesil Beach Little Tern Project Manager The Dorset LNP invests a lot of effort in conservation policy and strategy work, but of course actual field delivery of conservation is critical and integral to success. This month we focus on one of Dorset’s rarest and most […]
- Time out to think about water, naturally 4th August 2020Fiona Bowles – Chair Dorset Catchment Partnerships Spending more time in the Dorset Frome valley on foot, bike and horseback during lockdown, I can attest to the value of ‘blue space’ for my personal well-being. I have also knuckled down to some webinars and reading on watery matters. This has led to moments of high […]
- Draft Dorset Ecological Network Mapping 30th June 2020DERC has undertaken a review of the Dorset Ecological Network Maps for Dorset LNP and we are undertaking an informal engagement on the draft maps below. We welcome comments on the maps until end of Wednesday 15 July. A revision to the guidance document is being finalised. The Maps will be fed into the evidence […]