The Countryside of Dorset
Discover the countryside of Dorset on holiday or on your doorstep
- Bubble beach cleans and wild activities this half term 23rd October 2020Dorset Wildlife Trust is offering plenty of opportunities for families to get out and help wildlife this half term, with a ‘bubble beach clean’ at the Fine Foundation Chesil Beach centre from 24th October – 1st November.
- Local artist helps raise funds for wildlife in Dorset 20th October 2020The Fine Foundation Wild Seas Centre at Kimmeridge is celebrating wildlife with an art exhibition by local artist and volunteer, Rosemary Edwards, who kindly raised vital funds for Dorset Wildlife Trust through the 2.6 fundraiser challenge earlier this year. Rosemary tells us why she wanted to help.
- New marine species spotted at Kimmeridge 6th October 2020Dorset Wildlife Trust marine wardens have reported sightings of two species that are indicators of climate change at Kimmeridge in the last few weeks: the anemone shrimp and furrowed crab.
- Board Member Recruitment 2020 12th October 2020Are you a keen advocate for Dorset’s natural environment? Are you committed to champion the benefits of our environment for wildlife, people and the economy? Do you want to help embed the environment into decision making in the county, supporting nature’s recovery, natural capital and nature-based solutions? The Dorset LNP Board is looking to appoint […]
- Engaging with Nature 6th October 2020Luke Rake – Chair Dorset LNP It is a privilege to write my first blog post as newly elected Chair of the Dorset Local Nature Partnership. I have been a board member for some time, representing the Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) but my interests extend far beyond the economic. We read a lot about the […]
- Chesil little tern colony reaches 50 pairs in 2020 2nd September 2020Paul Buckley, Dorset LNP Board member and Richard Archer RSPB Chesil Beach Little Tern Project Manager The Dorset LNP invests a lot of effort in conservation policy and strategy work, but of course actual field delivery of conservation is critical and integral to success. This month we focus on one of Dorset’s rarest and most […]