The Countryside of Gloucestershire
Discover the countryside of Gloucestershire on your doorstep or on holiday
From 1 bed romantic stone cottages in the Cotswolds overlooking the countryside with river walks to converted barns and grade II listed buildings Rural Retreats have something for every nature lover.
- Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust opposes new round of badger culls 25th May 2020Badger culling has been permitted to go ahead by the government in England for another year.
- Our response to the Coronavirus 18th May 2020An update from GWT regarding Covid-19. July update.
- GWT shortlisted for 'Charity of the Year' award 23rd April 2020It is with great pleasure which we announce that GWT has been shortlisted in the 'Charity of the Year' category in the SoGlos 2020 Gloucestershire Lifestyle Awards.
- Introducing Gloucestershire’s Robberflies 24th June 2020Adult robberflies (Order: Diptera, Family: Asilidae) are effective daytime hunters, relying on sight to target moving insect prey which they then seem able to immobilise by injecting posion through their mouthparts. Martin Matthews has prepared a basic introduction to the adults of the 16 species of robberflies (12 of them illustrated) that have been recorded […]
- Upcoming GNS events 7th May 2020Due to the country’s response to the Coronavirus pandemic, and our efforts to minimise the spread, GNS obviously cancelled all our scheduled events that were due to take place during the ‘lockdown’. We will continue to schedule events in accordance with government advice, and have therefore cancelled events up to and including 10th May. The […]
- GNS Garden Challenge 2nd May 2020All members are invited to take up the challenge of sharing their garden observations of wildlife. What can be included?Just about any original observations made in your garden or from the windows of your residence. What form might these observations take?• An account or accounts of a memorable wildlife sighting or sightings.• A report of […]