The Countryside of Gloucestershire
Discover the countryside of Gloucestershire on your doorstep or on holiday
From 1 bed romantic stone cottages in the Cotswolds overlooking the countryside with river walks to converted barns and grade II listed buildings Rural Retreats have something for every nature lover.
- Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust opposes new round of badger culls 8th September 2020GWT is disappointed to learn that the Government will continue its annual culling of badgers, despite assurances that they would move towards badger vaccinations.
- Vote for Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust to win charity of the year 3rd September 2020Voting has re-opened for the SoGlos Gloucestershire Lifestyle Awards - cast your vote for GWT today!
- Our response to the Coronavirus 18th May 2020An update from GWT regarding Covid-19. [Updated 29 July 2020]
- Gloucestershire Bird Report 2014-16 2nd September 2020The latest edition of the Gloucestershire Bird Report covering the years 2014 to 2016 is now available to purchase from Gloucestershire Naturalists’ Society, cost £15.00 + £3.25 Post & Packing = £18.25. Click here to purchase. Published by Gloucestershire Ornithological Co-ordinating Committee, this is a combined 3-year report in a new size and format for […]
- Lockdown blues. And whites, and yellows, and… 4th August 2020By Alan Waterman Like many others I had never heard of Wuhan and was only vaguely aware that there were a group of viruses known as Corona viruses. When first reports of a virus came from China in December 2019 I did not think much of it. We had after all got used to such […]
- A Purple Surprise 23rd July 2020A Purple Emperor was seen on Wednesday 22nd July in the copse south of the car-park at Guiting Woods. It was seen again on the track across the road through the main woodland on Thursday 23rd. Photos: Rita Gerry