The Countryside of Gloucestershire
Discover the countryside of Gloucestershire on your doorstep or on holiday
From 1 bed romantic stone cottages in the Cotswolds overlooking the countryside with river walks to converted barns and grade II listed buildings Rural Retreats have something for every nature lover.
- Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust opposes new round of badger culls 25th May 2020Badger culling has been permitted to go ahead by the government in England for another year.
- Our response to the Coronavirus 18th May 2020An update from GWT regarding Covid-19.
- GWT shortlisted for 'Charity of the Year' award 23rd April 2020It is with great pleasure which we announce that GWT has been shortlisted in the 'Charity of the Year' category in the SoGlos 2020 Gloucestershire Lifestyle Awards.
- Upcoming GNS events 7th May 2020Due to the country’s response to the Coronavirus pandemic, and our efforts to minimise the spread, GNS obviously cancelled all our scheduled events that were due to take place during the ‘lockdown’. We will continue to schedule events in accordance with government advice, and have therefore cancelled events up to and including 10th May. The […]
- GNS Garden Challenge 2nd May 2020All members are invited to take up the challenge of sharing their garden observations of wildlife. What can be included?Just about any original observations made in your garden or from the windows of your residence. What form might these observations take?• An account or accounts of a memorable wildlife sighting or sightings.• A report of […]
- Edge Common / Haresfield Hill meeting notes 31st March 2020Back in December, Juliet Bailey led a general interest GNS field meeting on Edge Common and Haresfield Hill. Species lists for that meeting are in the process of being prepared, but here are the first two: Lichen and plant lists will follow shortly.