The Countryside of Gloucestershire
Discover the countryside of Gloucestershire on your doorstep or on holiday
From 1 bed romantic stone cottages in the Cotswolds overlooking the countryside with river walks to converted barns and grade II listed buildings Rural Retreats have something for every nature lover.
- Our response to the Coronavirus 20th October 2020An update from GWT regarding Covid-19. [Updated 29 July 2020]
- The A417 ‘Missing Link' Statutory Consultation 12th October 2020Highways England have today put forward their proposed revisions to the A417 Missing Link road scheme, addressing some of the concerns raised in feedback from the October 2019 public consultation. Collectively, the Cotswolds Conservation Board (operating as Cotswolds National Landscape), Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust and the National Trust are encouraged by recent discussions with Highways England […]
- Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust opposes new round of badger culls 8th September 2020GWT is disappointed to learn that the Government will continue its annual culling of badgers, despite assurances that they would move towards badger vaccinations.
- Golden Plover survey 13th October 2020The golden plover survey is this weekend Sat 17/Sun 18 Oct: Post your GP, Lapwing and Curlew sightings on BirdTrack for the International Wader Study Group’s once-every-6-years survey. Photo: Richard Tyler
- GNS Winter Walks 9th October 2020The society is proposing to organise some walks this autumn, though any plans put in place may of course change at a moment’s notice. Outdoor meetings with groups up to six are possible given the following guidelines: Members will need to pre-book with the walk leader and receive a confirmation that they have a place. […]
- Gloucestershire Bird Report 2014-16 2nd September 2020The latest edition of the Gloucestershire Bird Report covering the years 2014 to 2016 is now available to purchase from Gloucestershire Naturalists’ Society, cost £15.00 + £3.25 Post & Packing = £18.25. Click here to purchase. Published by Gloucestershire Ornithological Co-ordinating Committee, this is a combined 3-year report in a new size and format for […]