The Countryside of Wiltshire
Discover the countryside of Wiltshire on your doorstep or on holiday
Please get in touch to apply.
- Migrants at Morgan’s Hill 14th September 2018The misty mornings have started and autumn is setting in. This spells exciting times for any birders as the autumn migrations are starting, as our bird Recorder Nick Adams found out at Morgan’s Hill nature reserve this morning. Morgan’s Hill nature reserve, near Calne, is a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) due to its […]
- Marsh Fritillary butterflies making a come back 3rd August 20181991 was the last time a Marsh Fritillary (Euphydryas aurinia) was spotted at WWT’s Jones’s Mill nature reserve in Pewsey. Their return signals great things for the reserve and is a credit to the reserve staff and volunteers who work hard to maintain it. The Marsh Fritillary is a threatened species, not just in the […]
- The Big Butterfly Count 2018 20th July 2018Butterfly Conservation has launched it’s Big Butterfly Count for 2018, running from the 20th July to the 12th August. All you need to do is head out into your garden and spend 15 minutes recording all the butterflies you find. You can get a handy guide and ID chart on the Big Butterfly Count website […]
- Western Gateway: Plans for the A350 29th September 2020A success, perhaps temporary, for campaigning against the A 350 development The post Western Gateway: Plans for the A350 appeared first on CPRE Wiltshire.
- The Government’s Planning white paper 8th September 2020Object to the Government's Planning white paper. The post The Government’s Planning white paper appeared first on CPRE Wiltshire.
- Roads and Housing in the Avon Valley 1st September 2020Consultation about the A350 and housing proposals east of Chippenham The post Roads and Housing in the Avon Valley appeared first on CPRE Wiltshire.