Countryside near Birmingham
Discover the countryside of Birmingham on your doorstep or on holiday
Sites below are not mobile friendly
- Have your say on the future of planning 19th October 2020The government has proposed making sweeping changes to the planning system, which would almost completely take away our say about planning. If the proposals go ahead, local plans will become little more than a colour-coded map and we will lose our voice about what gets built in our local area and how it is built. […]
- Stop Burning Birmingham’s Waste 5th October 2020Stop Burning Birmingham’s Waste – this great new video shows reps from 5 organisations speaking out about the Council-owned incinerator at Tyseley. Built to burn 350,000 tonnes of rubbish every year, we say it must be run down and alternatives put in place, urgently. Click this link to watch the video – “Refuse, Rethink, Recycle” […]
- Retail space available at The Warehouse 28th September 2020Could you be the new operator of a friendly Vegan/Veggie Wholefood Shop at The Warehouse…? Do you have a different ethical retail business idea – books, crafts, hairdressing, something else…? If so, we’d love to hear from you! Our friends at Well Rooted Wholefoods have decided to call it a day in a few weeks […]
- Welcome Sophia into the BTfL Fold 7th October 2020I am pleased to introduce myself as the new Project Manager working with Birmingham Trees for Life. I was excited by the opportunity to undertake a role where I could make a positive difference and actively be part of tree planting in my own city of Birmingham. Coming from a local authority background and more […]
- Goodbye and good luck BTFL! 23rd September 2020Well this is my last week at BTFL and I have handed over the role of Project Manager to Sophia. After 12 years, 8 of them as Project Manager, it seems very strange to be signing off. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time working for BTFL and have had a lot of fun planting trees with […]
- Goodbye Jane – thank you and good luck! 1st September 202076170 trees planted! Working with 9500 volunteers! Overseeing 300 tree planting events! Not everyone can boast numbers like that and we wouldn’t normally publicise Jane’s vital statistics – but these are Jane’s BTfL vital statistics and are quite amazing! Jane Harding has worked as Project Manager and dedicated tree hugger at BTfL for […]
- Dudley Mayor’s Charity Appeal raises £11,965.25 to protect local wildlife! 22nd October 2020In our Spring 2020 member magazine we interviewed The Mayor of Dudley, Councillor David Stanley about his passion for wildlife and why he had chosen the Birmingham and Black Country Wildlife Trust as one of his two charities.
- Schools go wild for nature 6th August 2020Nature Friendly Schools has had a momentous first year with 31 primary schools across Birmingham and the Black Country being accepted onto the programme.
- Planning for the future of wildlife in the Black Country 31st July 2020The number of new homes planned in the Black Country presents a real threat to wildlife and wild places - we're planning to avoid this.