The Countryside of Herefordshire
Discover the countryside of Herefordshire on your doorstep or on holiday
Sites below are not mobile friendly
- HGN Members’ Meeting – “Building Back Better” highlights and Q & A 26th June 2020Link to Q & A, headline issues and slides from the recent Members Meeting on "Building Back Better"
- Sustainable Future Centre at Queenswood Country Park 26th June 2020The Crowdfunder page for the Sustainable Future Centre is still live. Even a ‘like’ of the page will help to get funding for the next phase of the project.
- Left Bank Talks and Discussion Evenings – coming up 26th June 2020News of the upcoming (online) Left Bank Talks and Discussion Evenings
- Garden Villages - or tarmac estates? 26th June 2020From Kent to Carlisle, the Government wants to build more than 50 Garden Villages and Garden Towns to help tackle the country’s housing supply crisis. Garden Communities are envisaged as sociable, green communities, each with a centre that is easily walked to and a transport system built for sustainability. None are as yet planned for […]
- National CPRE responds to Housing Secretary's calls for planning reform: ‘move forwards, not back’ 11th June 2020We warn against planning reform that rips up red tape at the expense of communities and the countryside. Robert Jenrick, the Housing Secretary, has called for reforms to the planning system that return to ‘first principles’ and remove bureaucracy. At CPRE, we welcome changes to improve the way planning works – but warn the government […]
- "commUNITY makes us" - Claire Balding joins in our big 'Thank you'! 5th June 2020CPRE National Office says "a big Thank You for everything Herefordshire’s volunteers do, and in many cases have been doing for years, to contribute to the bigger ‘whole’ that is CPRE. Promoting, enhancing and protecting our beautiful countryside for everyone to work in, live in and enjoy is such an important task and Herefordshire’s volunteers play […]