The Worcestershire Countryside
Discover the countryside of Worcestershire on your doorstep or on holiday
- New report calls for ambitious pesticide reduction target 8th July 2020Nation of insect champions needed to reverse insect decline
- B-Lines to help insects in Worcestershire 5th June 2020Worcestershire Wildlife Trust welcomes national project to help pollinators across the county.
- Rare butterfly spotted 2nd June 2020A rare butterfly has moved into an area of Shatterford Woods where work took place last year to improve the habitat for wildlife.
- July Outdoor Event Cancelled 31st May 2020In the light of the current situation the group’s July outdoor meeting, an expert led guided walk with Kevin McGee looking at the Bees and wasps of Hartlebury Common, on 25th July has now been cancelled. This was to be followed by our annual bring and share picnic. Kevin is more than happy to re-arrange […]
- The latest news from Hartlebury Common Local Group 30th April 2020A butterfly expedition to Bolivia by some of our group members last autumn sounded exciting and exotic. I was quite eager to learn of its success – especially as, after they had arrived, the television news showed widespread political protests in Bolivia’s major cities. The country’s President Morales needed to seek refuge in Mexico! This […]
- April, May & June Indoor Meetings and Outdoor Events Cancelled 21st March 2020I am sorry to inform you all that the Hartlebury Common Local Group is cancelling all it’s indoor meetings and outdoor events during the months of April, May and June 2020. With the growing concerns regarding Coronavirus and the government’s latest guidance on Social Distancing we feel that it is right to suspend our […]