The Humber / E. Yorks. Countryside
Discover the East Yorkshire countryside on your doorstep or on holiday
- Volunteer Wellbeing 21st October 2020Our volunteers are at the heart of what we do and right now it's a confusing and stressful time due to the pandemic- we've put together some ideas of what we can do to help and where to go for support during these uncertain times.
- Volunteer survey 2020 results 23rd September 2020Read the results from our annual volunteer survey
- Volunteer stories- my best wildlife experience 23rd September 2020We asked Kevin Slater one of our Event and Education Volunteers at Stirley Farm to take part in our volunteer article for the autumn members magazine, here is Kevin’s unique take on what his best wildlife moments and why volunteering at Stirley Farm is special to him
- More waders at Spurn 20th September 2020Another early start at Spurn yesterday and another photographic session with one of the Spurn lockdown auction winners. It was a nice clear morning and the sun was right for photography early in the morning. The birds didn’t really perform though as a fresh easterly promised much and delivered very little.The waders at high tide […]
- "Wader-tastic' at Spurn 6th September 2020I had another trip to Spurn this weekend.The main point of the trip was to take one of the Spurn Lockdown Auction winners around for some insights into photography at Spurn.It was a nice day and hopefully the 3 enthusiastic participants took something from the day-I certainly enjoyed it.The wind put a bit of a […]
- Early 'Autumn' at Spurn 23rd August 2020Ive been a bit pressed for time just lately so havent been down to Spurn as much as I would have liked.However last weekend I managed to get down there with the hope of seeing and photographing a long-tailed skua. I started at Kilnsea on the sea side and although it was quite cloudy the […]