The South Yorkshire Countryside
Discover the countryside of South Yorkshire on your doorstep or on holiday
Starting from £309pw for an idyllic 2 bed cottage through a restored medieval castle ruin, lighthouse cottages, farmhouses, country houses to a 15 bed country manor all in the heart of the countryside.
- Update 19th March 2020All BSBI SYBG meetings are cancelled until further notice
- 2020 New Year Plant Hunt - Warren Vale, Rawmarsh 4th January 20202020 New Year Plant Hunt - Warren Vale, RawmarshLeader : Louise HillAttendees:Louise HillJohn ScottKay McDowellLes CoeDave SwalesMarian DuttonMeet in Rosehill Park car park for 10.30am, 2nd January 2020Only 10 species were found to be in flower on the day. This list has been submitted to the BSBI 2020 Plant Hunt.Bellis perennis (Daisy)Geum urbanum (Wood Avens)Lamium […]
- Hills & Holes, Marr 2nd September 2019Hills & Holes, Marr near Doncaster - Saturday, 31st August 2019A Joint meeting with Doncaster Naturalists' SocietyLeader : Louise HillAttendees from SYBGLouise HillJohn ScottPeter BurtonLes CoeMeet in Marr Lodge carr park, off the A635 at 10.00 amIn total, seven botanists turned up to this Magnesium limestone grassland site hoping to find Autumn Lady’s Tresses Spiranthes spiralis and after […]
- Victory for Askham Bog! 13th May 2020Secretary of State refuses development at Moor Lane, protecting Askham Bog nature reserve for the future.
- Coronavirus: latest updates 25th March 2020Our latest updates on Coronavirus (Covid-19)
- 2 minute beach cleans up and down the Yorkshire coast! 13th March 2020We have launched 12 new ‘2 minute beach clean’ stations to make picking up litter easier for everyone.