The South Yorkshire Countryside
Discover the countryside of South Yorkshire on your doorstep or on holiday
Starting from £309pw for an idyllic 2 bed cottage through a restored medieval castle ruin, lighthouse cottages, farmhouses, country houses to a 15 bed country manor all in the heart of the countryside.
- Update 19th March 2020All BSBI SYBG meetings are cancelled until further notice
- 2020 New Year Plant Hunt - Warren Vale, Rawmarsh 4th January 20202020 New Year Plant Hunt - Warren Vale, RawmarshLeader : Louise HillAttendees:Louise HillJohn ScottKay McDowellLes CoeDave SwalesMarian DuttonMeet in Rosehill Park car park for 10.30am, 2nd January 2020Only 10 species were found to be in flower on the day. This list has been submitted to the BSBI 2020 Plant Hunt.Bellis perennis (Daisy)Geum urbanum (Wood Avens)Lamium […]
- Hills & Holes, Marr 2nd September 2019Hills & Holes, Marr near Doncaster - Saturday, 31st August 2019A Joint meeting with Doncaster Naturalists' SocietyLeader : Louise HillAttendees from SYBGLouise HillJohn ScottPeter BurtonLes CoeMeet in Marr Lodge carr park, off the A635 at 10.00 amIn total, seven botanists turned up to this Magnesium limestone grassland site hoping to find Autumn Lady’s Tresses Spiranthes spiralis and after […]
- Volunteer Wellbeing 21st October 2020Our volunteers are at the heart of what we do and right now it's a confusing and stressful time due to the pandemic- we've put together some ideas of what we can do to help and where to go for support during these uncertain times.
- Volunteer survey 2020 results 23rd September 2020Read the results from our annual volunteer survey
- Volunteer stories- my best wildlife experience 23rd September 2020We asked Kevin Slater one of our Event and Education Volunteers at Stirley Farm to take part in our volunteer article for the autumn members magazine, here is Kevin’s unique take on what his best wildlife moments and why volunteering at Stirley Farm is special to him