The West Yorkshire Countryside
Discover the West Yorkshire countryside on your doorstep or on holiday
A wide array of self-catering holiday accommodation to suit all budgets from cosy, idyllic cottages to grand country manors all with nature on your doorstep and easy access to National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Stars in their eyes! Our Virtual Dark Skies Week line up 22nd October 2020From 23 October to 1 November 2020 the Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors National Parks are excited to be hosting a Virtual Dark Skies Week, supported by Go Stargazing and the Lime Tree Observatory. Take part in a range of FREE online talks and presentations, all of which are ideal for novices and perfect […]
- National Parks Launch Virtual Dark Skies Week 21st October 2020Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority has joined North York Moors National Park Authority and astronomy experts ‘Go Stargazing’ to hold a virtual Dark Skies Week as a taster of the main Dark Skies Festival next February. Running from Monday 23 October to Sunday 1 November, the virtual Dark Skies Week will feature a wide variety […]
- Pew Do You Think You Are? 15th October 2020Here in the Yorkshire Dales National Park we are lucky enough to have a long list of impressive and interesting buildings. One such building, a parish church that has been described as “unexpectedly grand and fully developed” and even “a mini cathedral”, is nestled in the village of Crosby Ravensworth. It is Grade I listed […]
- Volunteer Wellbeing 21st October 2020Our volunteers are at the heart of what we do and right now it's a confusing and stressful time due to the pandemic- we've put together some ideas of what we can do to help and where to go for support during these uncertain times.
- Volunteer survey 2020 results 23rd September 2020Read the results from our annual volunteer survey
- Volunteer stories- my best wildlife experience 23rd September 2020We asked Kevin Slater one of our Event and Education Volunteers at Stirley Farm to take part in our volunteer article for the autumn members magazine, here is Kevin’s unique take on what his best wildlife moments and why volunteering at Stirley Farm is special to him