Countryside of the Lothians
Discover the countryside of The Lothians on your doorstep or on holiday
The National Trust for Scotland
A vital conservation charity protecting Scotland's coast, wilderness, wildlife and countryside for the good of all. Funded largely by donations, membership is very affordable, comes with a raft of benefits and supports their work.
- AGM Postponed 18th May 2020Due to COVID-19 we have postponed AGM meeting until September 17th. Please find documents related to the AGM below. Chair’s Report 2020 Summary of accounts for 2019-20 Proposed committee 2020
- Events Postponed 9th April 2020Due to COVID-19 all our events have been cancelled until end of June. We are reviewing the situation periodically.
- Aberlady Nature Reserve Visit 20th July 2019A few pictures from the recent SWT Lothians visit to Aberlady Nature Reserve.
- Many Small Steps and One Giant Leap 1st July 2020One of our Giant Hogweed spotter couples surveyed the River Tyne in Vogrie Park recently, and confirmed there is still none - i.e. it hasn't spread upstream from the major source of infestation just down from the A68. Good news. But on the way back home they noticed what looked like dozens of plants near […]David Quarendon
- GH Lockdown 6th May 2020Some of are lucky enough to live within walking distance of the River Tyne, and so despite lockdown have been able to go out looking for Giant Hogweed (//www.elcv.org.uk/links/). All these sightings have been added to the master map - see extract below. Where we haven't yet done any surveys we keep last year's sightings, […]David Quarendon
- Facebook Posts Visible Again 26th April 2020 David Quarendon
- Niamh Ni Nagy joins the committee 14th July 2020Niamh has joined the committee as our Fundraiser. This is an important role as fundraising allows us to provide tools, equipment and training to our volunteers. Many thanks to Niamh for taking this on. LCV would also like to thank Meryl Norris for her work over the years
- Summer task list 23rd June 2020Our Summer task programme is now available. Please be aware that due to COVID-19 we will be updating the programme on a monthly basis and tasks may be cancelled at short notice. Please note: Tasks will run rather differently while the outbreak is ongoing, depending on the measures required. Initially there will be no minibus […]
- Coronavirus volunteering policy statement 11th June 2020LCV believe that we can resume tasks once Scotland enters Phase 3 of the Scottish Government lockdown exit roadmap. This assumes that social distancing measures will be relaxed further once Phase 3 begins. The earliest date on which this can occur is 9th July. As part of the process we have prepared a position statement […]
- Enjoy East Lothian's countryside 10th July 2020Choose from a range of outdoor destinations and remember physical distancing guidelines
- Closure of coastal/countryside car parks and children’s play areas to remain in place at this time 29th May 2020East Lothian's coastal and countryside car parks to remain closed
- Scottish Government advice on outdoor exercise 12th May 2020Local residents thanked for observing outdoor exercise guidelines