Countryside of the Lothians
Discover the countryside of The Lothians on your doorstep or on holiday
The National Trust for Scotland
A vital conservation charity protecting Scotland's coast, wilderness, wildlife and countryside for the good of all. Funded largely by donations, membership is very affordable, comes with a raft of benefits and supports their work.
- Lothians Annual General Meeting – Thursday 17 September, 19.30-20.00 28th August 2020We will be running our AGM on Zoom this year on the 17th September between 19:30- 20:00. Scottish Wildlife Trust members living in the Lothians are welcome to come and listen to a summary of our year, ask questions, and meet … Continue reading →
- Trust Annual General Meeting – Saturday 12 September, 10.30am – 12 noon 13th August 2020Join us as we celebrate the Trust’s achievements over the previous year and discuss how we have responded to the Covid-19 pandemic, and announce our new Council members following this year’s election. Full details and registration here.
- National Members’ Day Live – September 5th 2020, 1pm to 3.30pm 13th August 2020Award-winning photographer Charlie Phillips is guest speaker at our National Members’ day as we celebrate Scotland’s Year of Coasts and Waters brought to you live and online, full details and registration can be found here.
- Untitled 20th October 2020We are, briefly, in the Courier again this weekDavid Quarendon
- To Whom It May Concern 5th October 2020ELCV offers a range of courses, one of which is the Digging Awareness Course – which is designed to cover most low level Hogweed digging offences. ELCV offer this course for educational purposes as an alternative to excommunication and penalty points, to encourage diggers to alter their attitude towards slapdash digging and the potential consequences […]David Quarendon
- We Won! 30th September 2020Our Giant Hogweed Eradication Programme was not just a finalist, but the winner of the Enhancing the Environment category in the Scottish Land and Estates Helping It Happen Awards! The full video of all the categories is here on YouTube. Our video starts at minute 31, and the winner is announced at min 32.20, the […]David Quarendon
- Tasks restarting 26th September 2020After a review of the Scottish Government guidance and associated regulations, we are pleased to announce that we can resume our conservation tasks. Since LCV is a registered charity, we are permitted to carry out "organised activities" taking place outdoors for those over 18. Our first task is on 4th October, in Midlothian. Please keep […]
- New tasks for September 17th August 2020We are pleased to announce five more tasks for the month of September. Due to COVID-19 we are updating the programme on a monthly basis and tasks may be cancelled at short notice. Please note: Tasks will run rather differently while the outbreak is ongoing, depending on the measures required. Volunteers are strongly encouraged to […]
- COVID-19 infection mitigation rules for LCV Minibus 9th August 2020Volunteers should ideally meet LCV on site before each task as this maintains effective social distancing. However, we believe that we can resume limited use of our minibus, with limited volunteer numbers and mitigations in place that we have developed after consulting the Scottish Government guidance for public transport operators. We have developed a policy […]
- Consultation regarding access rights 4th September 2020Application to temporarily restrict access near Archerfield during Scottish Open
- Enjoy East Lothian's countryside 10th July 2020Choose from a range of outdoor destinations and remember physical distancing guidelines
- Closure of coastal/countryside car parks and children’s play areas to remain in place at this time 29th May 2020East Lothian's coastal and countryside car parks to remain closed