Countryside of the Lothians
Discover the countryside of The Lothians on your doorstep or on holiday
The National Trust for Scotland
A vital conservation charity protecting Scotland's coast, wilderness, wildlife and countryside for the good of all. Funded largely by donations, membership is very affordable, comes with a raft of benefits and supports their work.
- AGM Postponed 18th May 2020Due to COVID-19 we have postponed AGM meeting until September 17th. Please find documents related to the AGM below. Chair’s Report 2020 Summary of accounts for 2019-20 Proposed committee 2020
- Events Postponed 9th April 2020Due to COVID-19 all our events have been cancelled until end of June. We are reviewing the situation periodically.
- Aberlady Nature Reserve Visit 20th July 2019A few pictures from the recent SWT Lothians visit to Aberlady Nature Reserve.
- GH Lockdown 6th May 2020Some of are lucky enough to live within walking distance of the River Tyne, and so despite lockdown have been able to go out looking for Giant Hogweed (//www.elcv.org.uk/links/). All these sightings have been added to the master map - see extract below. Where we haven't yet done any surveys we keep last year's sightings, […]David Quarendon
- Facebook Posts Visible Again 26th April 2020 David Quarendon
- Giant Hogweed Program Gathering Pace 19th March 2020Our Giant Hogweed program is gathering pace. To support the farmers who are doing the actual treatment, we now have around 20 volunteer spotters. On Monday half of us met for basic training. The other half were due to meet tomorrow, so we've switched that to doing it over skype/phone. The good news is that […]David Quarendon
- 2020 AGM held successfully 15th May 2020We held our AGM on 12th May, using videoconferencing due the COVID-19 outbreak. As a result, here is the list of committee members for 2020/21.
- Arrangements for 2020 Annual General Meeting 19th April 2020Due to the social distancing measures required by the COVID-19 outbreak, the LCV AGM this year will be held by videoconference.
- Coordinator's Comments 18th March 2020We are completing another successful season of LCV tasks where we visited a variety of established and new sites. We are due to start a new season soon but with the COVID-19 outbreak this has been delayed in accordance with government advice. Please check the website for updates.
- Closure of coastal/countryside car parks and children’s play areas to remain in place at this time 29th May 2020East Lothian's coastal and countryside car parks to remain closed
- Scottish Government advice on outdoor exercise 12th May 2020Local residents thanked for observing outdoor exercise guidelines
- Countryside Rangers gain professional awards 28th February 2020Scottish Countryside Rangers Association awards for two Countryside Rangers