Glasgow City Countryside
Discover countryside in Glasgow on your doorstep or on holiday
Hand Picked & Reviewed
A vital conservation charity protecting Scotland's coast, wilderness, wildlife and countryside for the good of all. Funded largely by donations, membership is very affordable, comes with a raft of benefits and supports their work.
Stay on a charming Dutch Barge moored within a short walk to the city centre with a wood burning stove where you can experience the best of Glasgow then retreat to the peaceful river to recharge and relax, or rent a luxury flat between the city's centre and west end.
From the Geological Society of Glasgow
- Coronavirus measures 16th March 2020In view of the coronavirus outbreak, the society has decided to cancel the April and May lecture evenings, and also the Islay and Ardnamuchan residential excursions. The post Coronavirus measures appeared first on Geological Society of Glasgow.bgray
- Annniversaries page updated 7th March 2020The Anniversaries page has been updated with extracts from the Proceedings for the anniversary years for the current session. The post Annniversaries page updated appeared first on Geological Society of Glasgow.bgray
- 2020 day excursion programme 25th February 2020The programme of day excursions for summer 2020 has now been arranged. The post 2020 day excursion programme appeared first on Geological Society of Glasgow.bgray
- 2020 residential excursions 10th January 2020Two residential excursions have been planned for 2020: to Islay (24–27 April) and the Ardnamurchan peninsula (8–11 May). Early booking is advisable. The post 2020 residential excursions appeared first on Geological Society of Glasgow.bgray
- Earth’s earliest microbes found 20th November 2019Evidnce has been found that 3.5 billion year old rocks in Australia contain fossils of the oldest known microorganisms. The post Earth’s earliest microbes found appeared first on Geological Society of Glasgow.bgray