The Lanarkshire Countryside
Discover the countryside of Lanarkshire on your doorstep or on holiday
A vital conservation charity protecting Scotland's coast, wilderness, wildlife and countryside for the good of all. Funded largely by donations, membership is very affordable, comes with a raft of benefits and supports their work.
- Tree bumblebees have the Falls of Clyde buzzing 16th July 2020This week is Bees’ Needs Week. To mark the occasion, seasonal ranger Patrick Endall takes a closer look at one of Falls of Clyde’s newer residents: the tree bumblebee. … The post Tree bumblebees have the Falls of Clyde buzzing appeared first on Scottish Wildlife Trust.
- Roe deer shenanigans at the Falls of Clyde 9th July 2020We caught this interesting and energetic footage on the Falls of Clyde trail camera, at a time when most of us are tucked up, cosy in our beds. As you … The post Roe deer shenanigans at the Falls of Clyde appeared first on Scottish Wildlife Trust.
- Making room for meadows 26th June 2020Wildflower meadows are incredibly valuable for wildlife, but in the UK we have lost most of them. At the Falls of Clyde we are bringing one back to life. The … The post Making room for meadows appeared first on Scottish Wildlife Trust.
- Our volunteers are back in the outdoors! 15th July 2020We are delighted to announce that our volunteer groups are heading back outdoors! These groups will be operating at a reduced capacity with social distance checks to follow current Covid-19 guidelines. We aim to carry out vital tasks in the community – litter picks, invasive species removal and path maintenance. Our volunteers are ecstatic at […]
- A closer look at moths 8th July 2020I have always been a lover of butterflies, but it took me a bit more time to come around to moths. Until I started working for the Cumbernauld Living Landscape I used to think that moths were all little brown jobs, drab, mono-colour, and basically dull. As it turns out I am so very wrong […]
- We’re hiring a Communications and Advocacy Officer – closing date 27 July 2020 2nd July 2020The Cumbernauld Living Landscape team are recruiting a Communications and Advocacy Officer to promote how we improve greenspaces for people and wildlife. We’re seeking an experienced professional to design and implement our communications strategy for the remainder of the project. Closing date: 27 July 2020 Visit here for more information about joining our team in […]