The Renfrewshire Countryside
Discover the countryside of Renfrewshire on your doorstep or on holiday
Please get in touch to apply
The National Trust for Scotland
A vital conservation charity protecting Scotland's coast, wilderness, wildlife and countryside for the good of all. Funded largely by donations, membership is very affordable, comes with a raft of benefits and supports their work.
- New wood spirits to hunt at the Greenock Cut 11th October 20207 new wood spirits have joined the existing guardians of the forest. Can you find all 24! They are all The post New wood spirits to hunt at the Greenock Cut first appeared on Clyde Muirshiel.
- Outdoor Activity Courses Resume 16th September 2020Clyde Muirshiel’s Outdoor Activity Team are to resume public courses in the School October week. The first courses that are The post Outdoor Activity Courses Resume first appeared on Clyde Muirshiel.
- Guided Walks To Go Online 10th September 2020COVID-19 restrictions make guided walks a challenge so the suggestion was made to film the walks and make them and The post Guided Walks To Go Online first appeared on Clyde Muirshiel.
- Habitat management at RSPB Lochwinnoch - Pt. 2 19th January 2020As outlined in Part 1 of this blog, we’ve been working hard on Aird Meadow to cut back and remove the vegetation. By stripping out the nutrients in this way, we can knock back the dominant species such as grass and produce a habitat in which a greater diversity of plants, including wildflowers can establish […]
- Volunteering with RSPB Scotland Lochwinnoch – Rachel Reid 20th November 2019Words by Rachel ReidPhotos by Robert Conn I have been volunteering with the RSPB Scotland Lochwinnoch reserve for almost two years now. I am a master’s student specialising in conservation biology with a specific interest in Scottish wildlife particularly birds and was keen to gain some experience in the field. There began one of the […]
- Recent sightings – September 2019 12th October 2019September is a time of change. The leaves start to change colour, the evenings start to darken earlier and before the month is out, there’s a definite nip in the air. It’s also a time of change in the world of wildlife, as our summer visitors start their migration to warmer climes and our winter […]