Perth & Kinross Countryside
Discover the Perth & Kinross countryside on your doorstep or on holiday
Please get in touch to apply
The National Trust for Scotland
A vital conservation charity protecting Scotland's coast, wilderness, wildlife and countryside for the good of all. Funded largely by donations, membership is very affordable, comes with a raft of benefits and supports their work.
Get away from it all in your own rural farmhouse on the bank of the River Almond surrounded by magical scenery or stay in the peaceful, luxurious White Tower of Taymouth Castle.
- All hands on Deck! 22nd October 2020It has been a busy week here at Loch Leven. We had our first goose count of the season, it was a cold, early start but we managed to count 11, 407 Pink-footed Geese! This total is around the average … Continue reading →
- The Winter Arrivals 14th October 2020We are now into mid-October and autumn is in full swing. Pink-footed Geese are busy feeding in the neighbouring fields, Whooper Swans are honking away as they fly over my head in the morning and thousands of wintering ducks are … Continue reading →
- Hedge Your Bets 8th October 2020Autumn and winter is the best time of year for hedge management as the birds have finished nesting and the trees are dormant. We have a number of different hedges around the loch, each of them being made up of … Continue reading →
- Pitlochry Theatre teams up with countryside trust to celebrate the Tay 5th October 2020A new photography competition has been launched by Pitlochry Theatre as part of its Shades of Tay project which celebrates the river and stories inspired by its banks.
- £250k works for Perthshire foot and cycle path begin 1st July 2020Works to create a foot and cycle path in a Perthshire village have begun this week.
- Perthshire country estate latest business to join scheme safeguarding area’s trees 15th January 2020A Perthshire country estate has become the latest business to join a scheme that works to support the area’s greenery.