The Countryside of Wales
Wales is a country of great natural beauty much of it mountainous, from Snowdon in the north to the Brecon Beacons in the south. Wales is also home to many beautiful beaches, spectacular coastlines and lush valleys.
Natural Resources Wales – Days Out
Looking after our environment for people and nature. Out and about. Find places to go and things to do in the outdoors. We’ve got lots of information to help plan your visit.
Please get in touch to apply
- Why Value Wildlife? Talk 10th February 2020Date / Time Start date: Sat, 28/03/2020 - 2:30pm - 4:00pm *THIS EVENT IS NOW CANCELLED* Ray Woods gives his very popular talk "Why Value Wildlife?" which highlights the value of the work done by Radnorshire Wildlife Trust. Refreshments will be available, so do come along and enjoy. Main image: Booking details Booking required?: No […]
- Why Value Wildlife? Talk 10th February 2020Date / Time Start date: Sat, 29/02/2020 - 2:30pm - 4:00pm Ray Woods gives his very popular talk "Why Value Wildlife?" which highlights the value of the work done by Radnorshire Wildlife Trust. Refreshments will be available. So do come along and enjoy. Main image: Booking details Booking required?: No Admission charge: Yes Admission details: […]
- Big Bird Farmland Count Event 3rd February 2020Date / Time Start date: Wed, 05/02/2020 - 9:00am - 12:00pm The Big Farmland Bird count is an initiative which offers a simple means of recording the effect of any conservation schemes currently being initiated by farmers. The count is between 7-16th of February 2020. Meet at the Visitor Centre. Please bring binoculars and dress […]
- What’s New? | June 2020 News 26th June 2020Read all about the latest news from the team at Environment Platform Wales: new programme announcement for our 2020 conference, photography competition winners announced, Upland Voices campaign launch as well as upcoming events and opportunities of interest to our network members. Continue reading
- Upland Voices – sharing the stories of Wales’ upland communities 26th June 2020As part of our 2020 conference ‘Resilience of the Welsh Uplands’, we’re looking for video contributions from individuals, families and groups with a special song, a reading from a story, a poem or even a recipe to share, highighting the local history of upland areas. Continue reading
- Welsh Uplands Photography Competition – winners announced! 17th June 2020The winners of Environment Platform Wales' Welsh Uplands Photography Competition have been announced ahead of the platform's conference programme launch. The competition celebrates the life, landscape and people living or working in the Welsh Uplands, covering more than 80% of Wales. Continue reading