The Countryside of Gwynedd
Discover the countryside of Gwynedd on holiday or on your doorstep
From a 1950's renovated Showman's Wagon overlooking the Mawddach Estuary to charming cottages surrounded by nothing but beautiful countryside and walking/cycling paths and tracks.
- Marchwiel Marsh is restored! 15th May 2020Earlier in 2020 the Wrexham Industrial Estate Living Landscape project transformed a marsh that had dried up at Marchwiel, on the outskirts of the estate.
- North Wales Wildlife Trust’s response to Coronavirus 19th March 2020The health and wellbeing of the public, volunteers and staff are of utmost importance to the North Wales Wildlife Trust, and we have therefore been keeping a close eye on government advice in response to the coronavirus outbreak.
- Applications for youth traineeships now open! 11th February 2020North Wales Wildlife Trust are offering a free conservation training course for young people in Anglesey, Gwynedd and Conwy this summer.
- Welcome back to the future 13th July 2020Welcome back to the future As visitors start returning to Snowdonia we need to focus on what we want the 'new normal' to look like. Remember that sun-drenched weekend in March? The one just before lockdown, when it seemed the whole world came to Snowdon to get away from it all? Those events on Snowdon […]
- The Dwyryd Estuary a step closer to a cable-free future 3rd July 2020The Dwyryd Estuary a step closer to a cable-free future Plans to reduce the visual impact of electricity infrastructure on the Dwyryd estuary were approved this Wednesday. Over the last five years the Snowdonia Society has consistently supported and contributed to the process that has reached this important milestone. At a meeting of the National Park […]
- One week to go: Now’s the time to dig out your old photos 20th June 2020One week to go: Now's the time to dig out your old photos *COMPETITION NOW CLOSED* The Snowdonia Society 2020 photography competition will see 12 Finalists’ images selected for a 2021 calendar to raise funds towards protecting the National Park. The theme of the competition is ‘Snowdonia’ and is open to the public; with entrants […]
- Plas y Brenin Announces Return to Outdoor Adventure 8th July 2020The post Plas y Brenin Announces Return to Outdoor Adventure appeared first on Plas y Brenin | National Outdoor Centre.
- Thank you to everyone who took part in #STAIRCASESNOWDON 17th April 2020The post Thank you to everyone who took part in #STAIRCASESNOWDON appeared first on Plas y Brenin | National Outdoor Centre.
- Plas y Brenin Launches #STAIRCASESNOWDON 9th April 2020The post Plas y Brenin Launches #STAIRCASESNOWDON appeared first on Plas y Brenin | National Outdoor Centre.