The Countryside of Gwynedd
Discover the countryside of Gwynedd on holiday or on your doorstep
From a 1950's renovated Showman's Wagon overlooking the Mawddach Estuary to charming cottages surrounded by nothing but beautiful countryside and walking/cycling paths and tracks.
- Marchwiel Marsh is restored! 15th May 2020Earlier in 2020 the Wrexham Industrial Estate Living Landscape project transformed a marsh that had dried up at Marchwiel, on the outskirts of the estate.
- North Wales Wildlife Trust’s response to Coronavirus 19th March 2020The health and wellbeing of the public, volunteers and staff are of utmost importance to the North Wales Wildlife Trust, and we have therefore been keeping a close eye on government advice in response to the coronavirus outbreak.
- Applications for youth traineeships now open! 11th February 2020North Wales Wildlife Trust are offering a free conservation training course for young people in Anglesey, Gwynedd and Conwy this summer.
- One week to go: Now’s the time to dig out your old photos 20th June 2020One week to go: Now's the time to dig out your old photos The Snowdonia Society 2020 photography competition will see 12 Finalists’ images selected for a 2021 calendar to raise funds towards protecting the National Park. The theme of the competition is ‘Snowdonia’ and is open to the public; with entrants permitted to submit […]
- Our ‘Mountain Pressure’ talk is now available to watch online 16th June 2020Our 'Mountain Pressure' talk is now available to watch online Last week, Snowdonia Society Director John Harold gave a talk for the Royal Geographical Society that was live streamed to members of the public. Filmed from John's home in Penmon, Anglesey, the talk considers the many different pressures facing the nature and culture of Snowdonia, […]
- Do your little bit from home 16th June 2020Do your little bit from home The coronavirus has pressed the pause button on our volunteer days here in Snowdonia but there will come a time when we will return to the mountains, hills, forests, beaches and bogs. Until that time comes, we can all get involved in our own small way with some conservation […]
- Thank you to everyone who took part in #STAIRCASESNOWDON 17th April 2020The post Thank you to everyone who took part in #STAIRCASESNOWDON appeared first on Plas y Brenin | National Outdoor Centre.
- Plas y Brenin Launches #STAIRCASESNOWDON 9th April 2020The post Plas y Brenin Launches #STAIRCASESNOWDON appeared first on Plas y Brenin | National Outdoor Centre.
- To The Outdoor Community 25th March 2020The post To The Outdoor Community appeared first on Plas y Brenin | National Outdoor Centre.