The Countryside of Gwent
Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport, Torfaen
Discover the countryside of Gwent on holiday or on your doorstep
A luxurious Shepherd's Hut in a totally secluded meadow and on the edge of a natural wood. An Orchard Cottage in the peaceful Wye Valley. How about a converted windmill by the Brecon Beacons National Park?
- Enter our new Wildlife from Home competition 20th May 2020Get involved in our new photography and video competition and help us showcase Gwent's #wildlifefromhome
- Protecting and restoring nature is more essential than ever 24th April 2020The Wildlife Trusts face huge challenges during coronavirus.
- Fake News about Nature's Recovery 6th April 2020The Wildlife Trusts are getting a lot of media enquiries wanting evidence of nature returning while everyone has to stay at home during the coronavirus lockdown. While it’s clear that those goats in Llandudno had fun – and some ground-nesting birds will benefit from less disturbance – it’s simply not true that nature is recovering.
- Competition Time! 7th May 2020Hopefully injecting a bit of light hearted fun into our lives during these birding limiting times, GOS is running a competition with three classes. The competition is open to all, members and non-members alike. It will run for sightings (within Gwent) submitted until June 30th 2020. To enter, just post what you have seen on […]
- It’s World Curlew Day! 21st April 2020Happily there have already been several reports of Curlew back in breeding habitat in Gwent but do keep them coming as Curlews are in rapid decline and it’s important to know their status in the county. Please submit all sightings to the County Recorder, giving a grid reference whenever possible, at email@example.com . Breeding Curlews […]
- Nesting birds – a reminder 11th April 2020Please do not post reports of nesting birds or sightings of rare or Schedule 1 breeders. Sightings which might lead to disturbance will be removed. Reports of breeding, particularly of Schedule 1 species, should be sent direct to the County Recorder.