The Countryside of Gwent
Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport, Torfaen
Discover the countryside of Gwent on holiday or on your doorstep
A luxurious Shepherd's Hut in a totally secluded meadow and on the edge of a natural wood. An Orchard Cottage in the peaceful Wye Valley. How about a converted windmill by the Brecon Beacons National Park?
- Capturing wildlife scenes during lockdown for Gwent Wildlife Trust’s competition. 27th August 2020The lockdown saw more people get closer to nature in their neighbourhoods, and many of these wildlife wonders were beautifully depicted, in the many entries we had for our recent Wildlife From Home competition.
- Communities combat climate crisis thanks to £2.8 million of National Lottery money 17th August 2020Today The National Lottery Community Fund announced that nearly £3 million has been awarded to communities in Wales to tackle climate change, thanks to National Lottery players.
- Enter our new Wildlife from Home competition 20th May 2020Get involved in our new photography and video competition and help us showcase Gwent's #wildlifefromhome
- All 2020 Meetings Cancelled 27th September 2020Due to the current situation we have cancelled all future scheduled meetings, both indoor & outdoor for the remainder of 2020. Details of next years programme will be provided as soon as it becomes clearer as to what is possible and allowed under Covid regulations. We hope all members are keeping safe and taking care.
- Virtual Birdfair 21st – 23rd August 18th August 2020Although the live birdfair has been cancelled due to Covid 19, you can still visit all the marquees and interact with the exhibitors. The link to visit is: www.virtual.birdfair.org.uk
- Nesting birds – a reminder 11th April 2020Please do not post reports of nesting birds or sightings of rare or Schedule 1 breeders. Sightings which might lead to disturbance will be removed. Reports of breeding, particularly of Schedule 1 species, should be sent direct to the County Recorder.