I have one question... What is more important than a habitable planet earth? A very short conversation that one. We as humans are the most destructive force in this world yet also the only species capable of saving it. So let's do it! Individually, collectively we can all make a difference. For ourselves, for our children, for future generations, for humanity and for every species of life on this miraculous planet we call our home.
"I have always eaten animal flesh with a somewhat guilty conscience... Nothing will benefit health or increase chances of survival on earth as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Albert Einstein, 1879-1955
Hand Picked & Reviewed
Please get in touch to apply
Environment News Feed
- Households to be paid for daytime green electricity use during lockdown 5th April 2020Fall in energy use combined with bright, breezy weather leads to lowest electricity prices in 10 yearsCoronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageCoronavirus latest – at a glanceThousands of British homes will be paid to use electricity during the day for the first time, as wind and solar projects produce a surge in clean […]
- Scottish fruit farmers recruit thousands of locals to save harvest 5th April 2020Students and laid-off bar and restaurant workers given jobs as pickers after urgent appeal Scottish fruit farmers have solved a recruitment crisis that could have resulted in this year’s harvest of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries being destroyed.Several thousand people, including students and restaurant and bar workers laid off because of the coronavirus outbreak, have taken […]
- Smarty plants: are our vegetable cousins more intelligent than we realise? 5th April 2020Plants can learn, memorise information and communicate. Perhaps we humans are not as special as we would like to thinkI had hoped to interview the plant neurobiologist Stefano Mancuso at his laboratory at the University of Florence. I picture it as a botanical utopia: a place where flora is respected for its awareness and intelligence; […]
- Government issues £3m grant to tackle food waste during coronavirus outbreak 3rd April 2020The UK Government has issued a £3.25m redistribution fund across England to help organisations cut back on food waste by redistributing surplus stock during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Hackney Council powered by 100% renewable electricity 3rd April 2020Hackney Council is now sourcing 100% of its electricity demand from renewables, with the council accelerating towards a goal to reach net-zero emissions by 2040.
- Severn Trent to make entire transport fleet electric by 2030 3rd April 2020The UK's second-biggest water company has joined the Climate Group's EV100 initiative, pledging to convert 100% of its transport fleet to electric vehicles (EVs) by 2030.