Walking & Hiking
Search thousands of walks on hand-picked web databases. Type in a town, region or walk name to find walks of all distances.
Lifelong walking. Conflicts of conservation and access
Katie Lloyd writes about responsible walking and the conservation issues that countryside access can bring up, from soil erosion to traffic pollution.
- Ramblers response to farming community’s proposals to divert paths 15th October 2020The National Farmers Union (NFU) and Country Land and Business Association (CLA) recently published proposals for new legislation that would enable farmers to divert public rights of way where livestock – including cattle, pigs, goats and alpaca – are present. The Ramblers has joined with a range of access organisations to raise serious concerns about […]
- Ramblers Walking for Health receives Sport England funding 14th October 2020The Ramblers Walking for Health programme is delighted to have received £185,000 National Lottery funding from Sport England. Ramblers Walking for Health is England’s largest network of health walk schemes, helping 70,000 people from a wide variety of backgrounds to enjoy a more active lifestyle, and new friendships, by taking part in short walks led […]
- Ramblers extends interim chief executive contract to April 2022 7th October 2020Kate Ashbrook, the Ramblers chair of the trustees today confirmed that the board has extended the contract of Tanya Curry, interim chief executive, until April 2022. Having reviewed all options, including undertaking an external recruitment campaign, the board decided that extending the existing interim arrangement would be the best solution to ensure the organisation’s short-term […]
- Pulborough WildArt Trail 23rd October 2020Pulborough WildArt Trail is a 4km interactive trail between Pulborough RSPB Wild Brooks and Pulborough Station ...
- Get Walking this Autumn 20th October 2020A collection of autumnal walks for all the family.
- Camino de Santiago – A Life-Changing Adventure 20th October 2020One of the most important Christian pilgrimages during the late Middle Ages, El Camino is now listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site for its important role in encouraging cultural ...