The Wildlife of Great Britain
(An animal with a backbone)
(An animal without a backbone)
Latest Wildlife News
- Make a Wild Christmas Wish! 14th October 2020Take a look at the gifts we offer and support wildlife this Christmas
- Crucial moment for the Agriculture Bill threatens the recovery of nature 13th October 2020Last night’s vote on the Agriculture Bill in the House of Commons saw MPs vote against an amendment previously passed in the Lords to #SaveOurStandards, despite a rebellion of 14 Conservative MPs.
- Walk for wildlife this autumn! 5th October 2020Sign-up for the Big Wild Walk and raise funds for The Wildlife Trusts’ 30 by 30 appeal
- Amsterdam releases 5,000 leaf fleas to halt Japanese knotweed spread 23rd October 2020Government issues exemption to alien species ban in attempt to control destructive plantFive thousand Japanese leaf fleas have been released in Amsterdam to combat Japanese knotweed, a once celebrated plant the concrete-breaking roots of which now threaten local biodiversity, impinge on water quality and increase the risk of flooding.The Dutch government made the unprecedented decision […]
- 2020 GDT European wildlife photographer of the year – winners 23rd October 2020The winners of the European wildlife photographer of the year have been chosen in the competition’s first virtual award ceremony. Jasper Doest’s striking shot, A Monkey’s Mask, was declared overall winner Continue reading...
- Cider maker swamped by apples as orchard renaissance starts to bear fruit 23rd October 2020Volunteers are reviving a legacy of fruit trees in the UK that stretches back to the Romans, hugely increasing biodiversity – and drinks productionEvery autumn, cider maker Hawkes asks Londoners to donate apples to its cidery under the railway arches in Bermondsey, just south of Tower Bridge. In normal times, people who drop off a […]