Insects of Britain
Latest Insects News
- Why we need to talk about automobile recycling 16th October 2020Carmen Adams is a master’s student at San Diego State University. She loves the outdoors and as a result she wants to keep it beautiful. Since a young age she’s been on a mission to improve the environment. The notion of recycling is a rather familiar topic throughout the world. However, when individuals consider recycling, […]
- Swanscombe Stories #2- The complicated history of a brownfield haven 1st October 2020Guest blog by Ian Tokelove, from Remote London The Swanscombe Peninsula juts sharply into the River Thames from the Kent shoreline, just a few kilometres downriver from the QEII Bridge. On a map it seems almost empty, but if you look closer, this is a vibrant, post-industrial landscape. All across the low-lying peninsula, wildlife thrives. […]
- Bugs help us. Now let’s return the favour 1st October 2020With the increase of human impact on the environment has come a loss of many bug species and a threat to many of the remaining ones. If things don’t change we could be losing up to 40% of bug species by 2050. So how can we stop the extinction of invertebrates? We spoke to Emil Ekvardt […]
- All a ‘buzz’ in Kent! Art competition winners announced 15th October 2020This summer the Bumblebee Conservation Trust’s ‘Making a buzz for the Coast’ project launched an art competition to celebrate the humble bumblebee. As a way to celebrate our cultural and … The post All a ‘buzz’ in Kent! Art competition winners announced appeared first on .
- In search of the endangered Bombus brodmannicus bumblebee 2nd October 2020This delightful blog was written by Pieter Haringsma who was inspired to search for this bumblebee after reading our Bumblebees of the World blog on Bombus brodmannicus by Denis Michez … The post In search of the endangered Bombus brodmannicus bumblebee appeared first on .
- Giant sand art bumblebee creates a buzz at Botany Bay 1st October 2020A giant sand art bumblebee, surrounded by smaller bumblebees and flowers, appeared briefly last week on the beach at Botany Bay, Broadstairs. The artwork was created by a team from … The post Giant sand art bumblebee creates a buzz at Botany Bay appeared first on .