Insects of Britain
Latest Insects News
- Stag Weekend 5th – 7th June – Celebrate and save threatened Stag beetles 2nd June 2020On 5th – 7th June alongside the People’s Trust for Endangered Species (PTES) we will be launching a Stag Weekend with a difference – and one that you can take part in during lockdown too! Guest blogger Laura Bower, Conservation Officer at PTES, provides everything we need to know about Stag beetles, including tips for the garden and how to record […]
- Bug Hunt with Learning Resources 6th May 2020We’ve teamed up with Learning Resources, experts in educational toys that make learning fun, who have created a fantastic Kid’s Guide to Growing Fruit and Vegetables. The colourful graphic has simple instructions to help children get in the garden with their parents and grow their own fruit and vegetables. The part we were most intrigued […]
- Maybug 29th April 2020By Andrew Whitehouse, Countries Manager for Buglife Yesterday, I saw my first maybug of the year. Regular as clockwork, these large flying beetles appear in late April or early May. The Maybug is an unmistakeable beast, with a grooved, brown bullet-shaped body and impressive tufted antennae looking like little leafy antlers. The maybug goes by […]
- How did the UK’s bumblebees do in 2019? 19th June 2020BeeWalk is the Bumblebee Conservation Trust’s national bumblebee recording scheme. The scheme monitors the abundance of bumblebees across the UK. Read on for the 2019 results. 2019 was the biggest … The post How did the UK’s bumblebees do in 2019? appeared first on .
- Change starts at home 5th June 2020Emiel Durbal, graphic designer and volunteer ambassador for the Bumblebee Conservation Trust, highlights the plight of the bumblebee through design, and with a growing Instagram following, uses this as a … The post Change starts at home appeared first on .
- Pollinators in sweet cherry orchards 29th May 2020The full bloom of cherry blossoms is a beautiful and yet ephemeral event that lasts about three weeks (typically from mid-April to early May). Numerous blossoms are available to pollinators, … The post Pollinators in sweet cherry orchards appeared first on .